UPDATE September 27:
Our family received Catie's neuro results this morning and our worst fears were realized;
Surrounded by her family, Catie passed on from this life at 12:12 PM. Her family made the selfless decision of organ donation and continue to surround her as they await the opportunity to be a gift of life for those awaiting organ transplant.
We are heartbroken and will never understand the tragic events that surrounded Catie's death, but we find peace that her Pawpaw was waiting on his Catie-bug as she walked through the gates of Heaven.
As parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts and uncles...you are never prepared for the death of a child. Please pray that our family finds strength and peace to make it through the seemingly impossible days ahead. If you are able, please consider donation for Catie's hospital and funeral expenses and continue to share her story.
UPDATE September 26:
It breaks my heart to share that Catie's neuro status has not changed. We are awaiting further testing. We are so thankful for those of you praying, those of you sharing her story, and those of you who have so generously given to Catie's family.
Please continue to pray for our family, share this latest update, and consider giving if you are able.
With love and appreciation,
UPDATE September 25:
After hundreds of phone calls and the help of more people than I can name, we were able to get the Jet to Mexico and, only after cash payment, Catie was allowed to leave and be transferred back to the US. She is currently at Childrens in Dallas. She is being treated with dignity and love by her care team, and they are treating her aggressively. Her vital signs are stable, but her brain is swollen and she is unresponsive. We will know more about her prognosis over the next couple of days.
--If you're wondering if financial assistance is still needed now that she is home, the answer is YES!--
April was able to temporarily cover medical jet and hospital costs to get Catie home through several people generously loaning their cash and credit cards...the combined amount exceeding $30,000. It is my hope that we will raise enough money to pay these people back and that any additional money will go to April and her family as they navigate the days to come.
Please pray. Please share. And please consider giving.
Catie is my 13-year-old cousin. While vacationing with her family in Mexico, she became ill and is currently in a diabetic coma with respiratory failure in a Mexican hospital. The hospital does not have the pediatric intensive care staff to adequately manage her critical condition. She has required CPR 3 times in the last 9 hours, and we are certain that she will not survive if left in Mexico. The hospital has demanded payment of $15,000 to continue treating her, and we are currently deploying a medical jet to bring her home. We don't know what payment the hospital will demand next, but I would love to free my Aunt and Uncle from the worry of financial logistics so that they can focus on Catie's survival. Please consider donating to bring Catie home. Anything helps!
- Aaron Rosen
- Tina Isaac
- Charmagne Cox
- Rhonda Haymon
- Jamie Turner