As most of you have heard by now, our wonderful Kathy Reich is experiencing a recurrence of the breast cancer she first encountered seven years ago. This time, the Stage 4 invasive ductal carcinoma is assaulting her lungs and bones.
Following a frustrating process of biopsies and scans with the local cancer center, Kathy has decided that Cancer Treatment Centers of America offer her the best course of treatment, as well as the positive and supportive environment she seeks.
Unfortunately, her insurance does not participate with the nearest CTCA in Tulsa, OK, so Kathy will have to travel to Chicago, IL, for treatment. Some of the travel expenses will be covered by a private foundation that supports CTCA patients, but Kathy will have to cover some portion of these expenses out of pocket - in addition to the insurance copays and deductibles.
We’re aiming for an initial goal of $12,000, with a recurring amount being raised each year, to help Kathy with medical and travel costs as well as some of these day-to-day budget items:
· Companion Airfare – The foundation does not offer travel reimbursement for a caretaker to travel with Kathy on her trips to Chicago.
· Hotel – CTCA has an arrangement with a local hotel for a discounted rate of $70/night, which is cheap by Chicago standards, but will still add up quickly.
· Insurance copays and deductibles
· Dental Work – The drugs used to prevent the loss of bone mass also increase the chance of infection in the jaw, so extensive dental work was completed before Kathy began treatment.
· Housekeeping and Yard Maintenance – Kathy could use some help around the house while her energy reserves are depleted.
We can’t thank you enough for all the prayers and support that you’ve showered upon Kathy in recent weeks. Let’s keep the momentum going and relieve the financial strain!
- Chad Ramsey
- Josh & jamie Stafin
- Brittney Crumpton
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more