Re: Donation for Scholarship
Purpose: To support Korean doctoral students who are studying in the US and Canada to successfully graduate and achieve their goals.
We are Younsook Yeo (St. Cloud State University), Intae Yoon (North Carolina State University), Jaegoo Lee (Jackson State University), Yi Jin Kim (University of Mississippi), and Youn Kyoung Kim (Louisiana State University), the members of the Scholarship Fundraising Committee of KASWEA.
It is proud to know that so many Korean scholars are working for the mission of social work as professors, researchers, and Ph.D. students in United States and Canada. We have more than a hundred professors/researchers and two hundred doctoral students. Such a surprising growth could not have happened without our senior Korean American educators’ endless dedication to our community and care for our new members.
It is not too much to emphasize to our doctoral students to attend national conferences for professional developments and job interviews. However, many students cannot afford to attend those conferences, which may hinder them from getting on the career path. Out of the efforts to relieve their financial burden from traveling to conferences, we have raised funds since 2013. As a result, every year some selective doctoral students were able to attend conferences thanks to the members who voluntarily participated in the fundraising activities. We should uphold such a noble tradition that our senior members have made, and it is the time for us to give our collective efforts to our junior members. Please consider your kind contribution to this effort so that our future social work educators can achieve their goals. We are humbly asking for your kind donations. Thank you.
· How to donate? We use Gofundme website (online payment system). You can donate without a Gofundme account. Also, you can leave a message in the website.
· Contribution requested: You can contribute whatever amount you want. If you are not sure of the right amount, we would like to suggest you giving us $20 or higher.
· When to donate? You can contribute whenever you want. For the purpose of supporting students for the 2018 CSWE conference on November 8, you are encouraged to contribute by October 31, 2018.
· How is the fund administered?
- The fund is maintained by the Scholarship Fundraising Committee, KASWEA
- The fund is used only to support doctoral students’ travel to CSWE APM.
- Scholarship recipients are selected by the Award Review Committee of KASWEA.
DonationsSee top donations
- Eunsun Kwon
- Soonhee Roh
- Seunghye Hong
- Eun Koh
- Yoon Joon Choi
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more