Hope for Tala

#Talathewolf is our Native American Indian Dog born December 6th, 2016.  Since we have received her, she has been a sick pup contracting a plethora of viral and bacterial illnesses; Urinary Tract Infection's, Giardia, Lymes and after several months was diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Disease.  

Last October, Tala contracted kennel cough which developed into pneumonia.  Since that time she has had recurrent pneumonia which has resulted in 4 courses of various antibiotics, IV fluids, IV antibiotics, blood work, culture tests, multiple X-rays, vet visits, referral to a specialist and recently an overnight hospitalization.  

This last week has been trying.  Monday, Tala had a bronchoscopy to scope her bronchi and see if there is a bacteria deeper in her lungs causing the reinfection, as well as look inside them for any tumors or abnormalities.  24 hours after her procedure, she spiked a 105.9 fever and had to be admitted into the hospital for observation along with IV fluids and subcutaneous antibiotics.  At this point our veterinarian and specialist have stated her infection and resulting fever are of unknown origin. 

Pending her culture results, our specialist has suggested she go for a CT scan next week to determine one of the following:
1.  There is a lodged foreign body (he thinks this is unlikely)
2.  Lung Abscess
3.  Ciliary Dyskinesia which is an autosomal recessive genetic disease where the hair-like cilia in the lungs do not function properly resulting in an inability to trap and move bacteria and mucus out of the lungs.  This is incurable and the treatment options are limited, so we are praying for issue #1 or #2.

We feel fortunate to have been able to afford to provide her the best care we promised to give her up to this point, but have incurred looming credit card debt in wake of her treatment.   This week our veterinary related expenses have totaled $4,951.75, not including the $1,518.05 we spent earlier this month on other holistic treatment options.   We have not discussed the cost of the CT scan that was suggested for further diagnostic testing, the antibiotic cost once her culture test comes back, or any other additional expenses with our veterinarian.  We have looked into grants, funding, and secondary insurance coverage, but for each of these options, either she does not qualify, or we don't.  

Please help us help her.  Prayers and donations of any amount will aid us in her fight. #hopefortala

Donations (0)

  • Amanda Cavanagh 
    • $25 
    • 16 mos
  • Jennifer Hart 
    • $25 
    • 18 mos
  • Janna Imrie 
    • $100 
    • 18 mos
  • Kate Kressler 
    • $100 
    • 18 mos
  • Rachel Crespo 
    • $30 
    • 18 mos

Organizer 

Caylee Freeman 
Organizer
Boonton, NJ
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more