Want to join us in making a difference?
HMS COMMUNITY is the only Community Paramedic lead service in Australia. We provide in-home and clinic services through a preventative health model that places 'Our People' at the center of the service. HMS Community was founded in response to the gaps that emerged within the Macedon Rangers as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, which led to a rise in avoidable hospitalisation, ED visits and ambulance call-outs for vulnerable and isolated community members. Two years on and HMS has expanded to services people throughout Melbounres' North, Geelong, Ballarat and Bendigo and is preventing approximately 90 hours of ambulance call-outs, servicing approximately 250 hours of community care per week and is funded solely by the community and philanthropic charities.
What HMS Aims to do?
• Keep people safe and in their own homes and community.
• Improve health outcomes for vulnerable and disadvantaged people.
• Provide support and health services to the community.
• Re-engage isolated people by building on community engagement.
• Prevent unnecessary ambulance services, ER visits and hospital stays.
• Provide community health promotion and prevention services.
• Connect individuals and families with highly qualified health professionals
What will your donation fund?
To increase the services that we are providing we are seeking donations that will go towards sourcing three electrocardiogram (ECG) machines which will help in the monitoring and identifying issues related to the heart, we are also hoping to fund additional medical equipment that would benefit the people we service.
Want to stay in touch or find out more?