Hiya, As Many of you may or may not know, Nicole and I (Nymph) recently had to put our Baby boy, Bean, down due to rapidly declining health. Bean was always a little sneezy as he was kind of a mutt, but in August of 2021 we noticed he began to become more and more congested, began throwing up massive amounts of food, and just all-around became much more lethargic than he was prior to this.
We did the right things, we took him to the vet, we had him under constant supervision and we did everything we could to try and pinpoint what was going on. Unfortunately, he wasn't improving. We noticed suddenly that he began being unable to walk without falling over and at that point, we rushed him to an animal ER and had them run any test they could to figure out what was going on. After about 6 hours, the ER called us and informed us they believed he had an extremely serious case of Sinitus which was blocking his airways and making him unable to breathe and smell things, which in turn, was making him not want to eat which was causing the other issues.
We thought "great, we have a diagnosis now, now we can continue and get him better" but alas, it wasn't that easy. We treated him through our vet in every way that should have helped, we rented equipment, I, Nymph, left my job and began being a 24-hour nurse steaming and Nebulizing him every three hours to help his nasal congestion clear up, we hand fed him because he was too weak to eat, the whole 9 yards. We did this for close to a month with no improvement.
unfortunately, after a month of throwing everything we could to save our cat, the vet was out of ideas and options and informed us that he believed Bean may have contracted Lymphoma. At that point, we knew he was far too weak to be able to survive and at the suggestion of our vet, we made the extremely difficult decision to ease him of his pain and euthanize him. His final day with us was Jan 31st, 2022. After twelve years through some of the hardest parts of my own personal life and 7 years with both Nicole and me, he took his last breath.
after the dust cleared and we received his ashes, we mourned his loss, eased our other pets of his loss, and began trying to move forward in this new, Bean-Less home. Unfortunately, while we were trying to do everything we could to save our baby, our credit cards began slowly piling on faster than we could pay them off due to just how quickly Bean's health declined. At this point, we are now 13000 dollars in debt, 9000 of which is directly from costs associated with beans vet care, gas, and food while we waited extended periods to receive news. and while Nicole currently has a job, I am actively trying to find one. However, with simply having to live and pay other bills to simply survive, paying this off will be an incredibly slow process that may take upwards of 5 years, if we can even keep up with the interest costs.
That is what we are asking for help for, to get our lives out of debt after trying and failing to save our cat, Bean. Any and all of your donations will go straight to paying off this debt and anything extra that is raised either here or through our specific Etsy related items will be donated to a local cat rescue that we are actively researching in advance now.
If you would like to help pay off this debt but don't feel comfortable simply giving money, that's okay! there are many other options including sharing the gofundme with your friends and family or purchasing things from our Etsy.
We will have specifically marked preorder items on our Etsy or if you see something else in our shop that you like better, you can select to leave a message that you would like the proceeds to go towards helping us in this way.
No matter how you help, we are incredibly thankful for everything, we simply ask that you please make sure that whatever help you contribute does not potentially lead to your own financial destitution or issues and that you only give if you can afford to do so.
We love you all so much, and we Especially love you Bean, May he rest in Kitty heaven.