Help Tim Beat Cancer Fund

Hello everyone, my name is Tyler Cox. I had a couple of people tell me that I should make one of these Go Fund Me pages for my dad. I had some reservations at first, but everyone I talked to reassured me it was a good idea, so here I am.

Long story short, my father Tim Cox was recently diagnosed with stage IV brain cancer and the financial struggle is real. There are a lot of things insurance doesn't cover such as travel costs, food, supplements, bills, Dr.'s appointments and treatments that are out of network, and the added burden of not being able to work in the meantime.

Anything you can give to help whether $5 or $5,000 would mean so much to Tim and the rest of our family as we take this unexpected and difficult journey. If you decide to donate, as a thank you, please head over to click "Buy Now" and type in $0.00 for a free download of the song I wrote and recorded for my dad this past Father's Day. A short description and the lyrics are posted over there as well.

Now, for those of you who are interested, here is the longer version of the story;

On June 5th, 2017, Tim started experiencing sudden and severe dizziness, confusion, and an overpowering sense of smell. Fortunately he was able to pull off the road and call my mom Dorothy to have her come take him to the ER (It's a testament to their relationship that his instinct was to call her before 911).  

They weren't able to do the necessary tests at Summit Healthcare in Show Low to figure out what was going on, so they trasported him via Air-Vac to the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale.

After a whole slew of CT Scans, EEG's, EKG's, MRI's, and other tests they informed us that they had discovered that he was having repetative seizures (causing the strong sense of smell) and found an "area of enhancement" in the left temporal lobe of his brain. After more days/weeks in the hospital, more medications, more scans, blood tests, and a brain biopsy he was diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer in the form of a glioma. We subsequently found out there was a possible metastises to his left kidney (where they found a second tumor).

The heavy doses of psychotropic pharmaceuticals he was on, combined with the emotional trauma of being diagnosed with something as serious as brain cancer, and long weeks in the hospital started to really mess with him. We (Tim included) started to get really tired of sitting around watching things deteriorate in the hospital so we made a group decision to get him out of there as soon as possible.

It was a hard transition at first, but within days of being home Tim has made huge improvements. He is up and walking, texting and calling some friends and family, doing research, and faithfully sticking to the Budwig Protocol (more on that below).

At subsequent appointments the nuerosurgeon reccomended surgery (go figure), although he wasn't sure he could do the surgery without permanently damaging speech and motor function. Not only that, it would have been impossible to get the whole tumor because of the weblike nature - it is often difficult to tell where a tumor ends and the brain begins.

The neuro-oncologist recommended the standard cancer treatment of chemo and radiation in conjunction with surgery, although upon further research we discovered the chemo drug they recommended was itself a human carcinogen. In light of the prognosis they gave him with orthodox treatments, we began doing exhaustive research into alternative/integrative/and naturopathic treatments for cancer.

I realize that these subjects often elicit strong reactions from people, both positive and negative - but I ask that you keep an open mind, and trust that we are intelligent, discerning people who realize this is a matter of life and death. Also I ask that you be respectful of Tim's choices and free will. If you would like to have an informed, rational, civilized discussion about the specifics of his treatment plan, or are curious about the research we have dug up along the way, I would be glad to talk with you, answer any questions I can, or point you in the right direction for your own research.  I can be reached at [email redacted].

After much research, prayer, and discussion with our whole family, we have decided that the best course of action is to go to a place called the Budwig Center in Florida. They offer multiple therapies used in conjunction with the protocol created by a brilliant German scientist named Johanna Budwig.

We are all (Dad, Mom, Myself, My Wife) getting in a car and making the 30 hour journey on Friday, June 30 2017 and staying for the better part of July. My sister Andrea will be meeting us in Florida on Monday. Unfortunately flying is too big of a risk with Tim's current situation. We are all hopeful and Tim, as you all know, is a fighter and ready to do whatever it takes to beat this. Thank you all so much for your love and prayers and support. I will try to keep this page updated or maybe create a Facebook page to post updates so that my parents don't have to text a continual stream of updates to everyone individually.

Again, thank you all so much, Tim sends his love and appreciation to everyone who has been so kind and understanding through this process.

-Tyler and Family
  • Lester Cox 
    • $100 
    • 55 mos
  • Patrick Lucey 
    • $250 
    • 56 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 56 mos
  • Dee Colvin 
    • $50 
    • 56 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $1,000 
    • 57 mos
See all


Christian Cox 
Show Low, AZ