Mary Beth is a life-long resident of Shelby, North Carolina where she is the owner of the local Glow Salon.
Yesterday, Friday July 26, Mary Beth woke up in the early morning to the smell of smoke. Her house was ablaze with fire consuming the majority of her home.
She and her boyfriend Daniel Pennington broke out a bedroom window, successfully got Mary Beth’s dog, Norman, out then she and Daniel escaped through that same window. Mary Beth suffered numerous cuts requiring major stitches.
An investigation of the fire by the Shelby Police Department quickly led to the arrest of a suspect who has been charged with first degree arson, two counts of attempted first degree murder and cruelty to animals.
Mary Beth’s home is completely destroyed as are two vehicles that were parked in the driveway. Sadly, she lost her cat, Doodle, in the fire.
Equally sad, Mary Beth had just begun renovation work on her home. All of that work is lost and the associated costs unrecoverable.
It is a miracle that Mary Beth woke to the smell of smoke. The outcome could have been much more disastrous.
Please help us support Mary Beth during this difficult time as she rebuilds her life after these devastating events.
DonationsSee top donations
- Pamela Splain
- Taylor Lancaster
- Stephanie Abdo
- Bonnie Hennel
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more