They lost their car and their home was completely flooded out, causing major damage to the home and destroying their furniture.
Unfortunately, they have no flood insurance on their home and their regular homeowner’s insurance policy doesn’t cover any of the damages. Any money donated to help them rebuild will go directly to cover the cost and labor for the following items needed for repair:
· Sheetrock throughout the home
· Painting and texturing the sheetrock
· Painting and installing all trim and new tack strips
· Insulation behind the walls
· Replacing all baseboards
· Replacing all doors and casings - right now the old ones are warped and don’t close.
· Carpeting and padding in rooms
-------- Approximately $20,000 ---------
· Pulling up the damanged tile and replacing new tile throughout the house
· Replacing the furniture and personal items that were lost and/or ruined:
Office furniture, bedroom furniture, living room furniture, linens, clothing, shoes
Sharon is a professional realtor in the area and Duane works at KSJB radio. They're both loving people who are active in their communities, with their families and need some help during a very traumatic time. Thanks in advance for anything you can give.
Please note that funds donated with go directly to them to cover their losses and will be dispersed directly to Sharon Hart. I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth Area and am trying to faciliate aid to my extended family in need in the Houston area.
- Molly King
- Lauren Baron
- Debby Owsinski
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more