In these unprecedented times we are offering frontline healthcare workers a tangible thank you for their heroic efforts against COVID-19: a once-in-a-lifetime helicopter tour of our majestic Big Apple, free of charge. They truly deserve our gratitude and a show of our appreciation.
To date we have flown 50 healthcare workers from hard hit New York area hospitals. It has been a true pleasure to bring some much needed joy to these wonderful professionals! Flights are conducted in the safest way possible: in small private groups with no-contact check in, mandatory face masks and hand sanitizing before flights. To protect passengers and crew, helicopters are thoroughly disinfected before each flight.
Unfortunately we have now exhausted the first round of donations and need your help with continuing the initiative. Following a prolonged business slowdown due to the pandemic, we are unable to cover all of the operating costs associated with this initiative on our own. We have pledged to cover 50% and this will not change. However, due to overwhelming interest we are now waitlisting heroes until more funds can be raised. Any amount is welcome and will all go towards the same goal. Over 100 heroes are still waiting to take their flights with us.
To recommend a healthcare worker for a complimentary hero flight (from NYC, Westchester County or Fairfield County), or to sign yourself up, please contact us to be added to our list.
Thank you very much for your generosity!
*Terms and Conditions:
- Tours start and end at Westchester County Airport in White Plains, NY. Passengers are responsible for their own transportation to and from the airfield.
- Healthcare workers must be active/employed and will be asked to verify using their hospital badges.
- Maximum weight of 250 lbs per passenger.
- Tours are available daily -- between the hours of 10 AM and 9 PM. Blackout dates include: Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.
- A minimum of two passengers per flight is required. May not be a private tour.
- Offer is limited to one tour per passenger, to allow as many to benefit from this initiative as possible.
- Offer cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions.
- Lucy Rodríguez
- yori lavi
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more