Hammett's Fire- Lost EVERYTHING

At 5:30am Saturday morning (9/22) the sound of fire alarms awakened the whole house of our Uncle Buddy,  his daughter/our cousin Crystal and her two kids Trevor (7) and Ava (2).  They were very fortunate to make it out unharmed physically. An electrical fire had started in the basement and triggered alarms giving them enough time to get out.

Unfortunately, they have lost EVERYTHING!! I have never had a relative/friend have a house fire and didn't realize just how much it takes away from you. All your clothes, appliances, furniture, pictures, toys, memories.....the list never ends. In addition to all those things they also lost their family pets and are as heartbroken over that as the house. They will truly have to start over. Imagine your house is gone for 6-12 months, the cost of rebuilding, all the little things. I can't even attempt to put a $$ figure on what they will need but every donation will be a huge help.  All donations will go towards rebuilding the house and replacing items lost in the fire. 

Please consider donating and sharing.....THANK YOU ALL.
  • Margaret Dennison  
    • $100 
    • 33 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $62 
    • 33 mos
  • Sandra Shrewsbury 
    • $25 
    • 34 mos
  • Yesenia Saavedra 
    • $100 
    • 34 mos
  • Sally Haines 
    • $25 
    • 34 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Bill Smith 
Organizer
Pasadena, MD
CRYSTAL HAMMETT 
Beneficiary
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more