Hi, we are www.changinglivesmalawi.com and would love your support to help a vulnerable community in rural northern Malawi to have a more sustainable future. Here are just some of the ways you can get involved:
- £10 buys 4 fruit tree saplings. Life is extremely challenging for the community we are supporting in rural northern Malawi. Prices continue to rise, food is scarce. We are a small charity, run by volunteers, and we need your support please. As the rainy season is fast approaching, we need your help to plant more fruit tree saplings for food and income and to prevent soil erosion during heavy the heavy rains. Will you buy 4 fruit tree saplings for £10?
- £45 will buy a piglet. As part of their Agricultural Classes, the students at Bright Futures Secondary School are setting up a Pig Project. They will use this project to raise funds towards school costs of exercise books and other resources they need.
- £50 will buy some fabric. We sent hand turn sewing machines and girls have been making reusable sanitary towels for all the orphans who need them. They are now learning how to make clothes. We want to raise funds to buy fabric locally so that a couple of older girls who have left school can make school dresses that can be sold. This will be another sustainable business.
- A donation of £10 will help to buy food. As we work towards sustainability for this vulnerable community, could you help us feed the hungry and malnourished children now please? Could you make a donation to help us buy food? Or if you'd like to set up a monthly donation for £5 or £10 per month (or more) then please email [email redacted]
- £25 will pay for a vulnerable teenager to go to secondary school for a month. Or if you'd like to sponsor a student, it's only £25 p/m and an individual or a family or two friends could split the cost of giving a student a brighter future. [email redacted]
- Changing Lives Malawi is a charity in central Scotland, run by volunteers who are passionate about helping hundreds of orphans, and their community to have a brighter future. We support a variety of projects, the end goal being sustainability and self-sufficiency. 500+ orphans are fed once a week, some walking 20km. There are no charities feeding children in schools so all are hungry. We support a nursery for 75 preschoolers and have funded the building of Bright Futures Secondary School for very vulnerable teenagers. 100% of donations go to the projects we support. Costs continue to rise in Malawi and we need to find ways to feed the children as well as helping to find ways for the community to be self sufficient. We need your help and support please. If you want to donate to a particular project then please put that in the comment section with your donation or send me a message. Otherwise, we will allocate funds to all of the above projects. Thank you, Sarah x
some of the guava saplings planted previously are growing well
exam time at Bright Futures Secondary School
some of the orphans at the weekly feeding programme