I'm raising my hand to help people to get their basic needs like food & medicine... Please join hands and help me, help the people in need!
The money will be utilized to prepare food for people in Chennai and will be personally handed off by my father, to the people who lost their houses and basic needs . I will be transferring the money to India via wire transfer and the complete fund will be used for the flood relief fund.
Goal update - 12/5/2015 - we started this campaign without knowing about the reach and amount of help we can gather. it has been tremendous couple of days with lots of support and encouragement. Looking into the current situation there are lots of good hearts supplying food and basic needs for the affected people.
Here is Our next goal with the amount of fund we could raise
- Support hospitals that needs medicine supplies as there symptoms of spreading fever/sickness amoong people at shelters and impacted areas.
- As we hope the rain slows down in a week, we should focus to help people kick back into their normal life. Most of the people impacted are daily waged and they will not be able to get anything that they lost in the flood.
So we are planing to pick 1 or 2 village/slums that is impacted,
- Supply 1 month worth of groceries, basic cooking utensils, Blankets, Sleeping mats and Toiletries.
- Provide notebooks, pen and pencil to help students go back to school.
- If we are capable of helping people construct their huts, we could possibly pitch in some help for that as well...
Thank You! Thank You! Thanks You all supporters- you are all making a huge impact in bringing back life to Chennai...
- Bollywood Dance Scene
- Aidan Dunne
- Nora Purmort
- Meghan Wilker
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more