Irvine High School (IHS) formed the FIRST public high school robotics team in Irvine. Our goal is to continues this club for many FUTURE GENERATIONS of students and help them learn the marvels of robotics and engineering:
Why We Need Money:
1) The registration fee is a hefty 6000 dollars but it includes a complete kit to start building our robot and is neccesary to compete;
2) All members and mentors are volunteers and the club is student-run;
3) Irvine Unified School District (IUSD) or IHS doesn't provide any funds for the entry in the competition or robot parts.
1) Ranked 17th out of 52 teams from all over the state and second highest rookie team in the Orange County Regional Competition;
2) Scored the largest amount of autonomous points in the whole competition (period of time where robot is self-driven);
3) Was one of the most solid robots on the field which never broke down during competition and performed higher than expectations.
Our Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/groups/372114403272575/
Although our goal is 6000, extra funds would allow us to build a better and more competitive robot.