House Fire before Christmas

Thelma's dryer caught on fire early in the morning on December 14th, 2020. After a series of unfortunate blows throughout the last several years this has left my dear coworker and friend in a very unfortunate position. All of Thelma's belonging were in her home at the time of the fire and unfortunately it looks like little to none of these items will be salvageable due to smoke and water damage from the fire. Thelma had no insurance and any funds raised from this will go towards her immediate needs first; short term housing, clothing, and other essential items. I hope to raise enough money to cover some of Thelma's longer team needs as well, such as establishing a longer term housing solution and replacing some of her belongings. Thelma has paid her debt into this community tenfold through community work and helping out those in need and now it is our turn to help someone in a terrible situation a week and a half before Christmas.53302102_1608003679166473_r.jpeg53302102_1608003698458671_r.jpeg53302102_1608003706732003_r.jpeg

Donations

 See top
  • Dawn Stevenson 
    • $50 
    • 1 mo
  • Carly Spina 
    • $10 
    • 1 mo
  • Sherry Liptak 
    • $500 
    • 1 mo
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 1 mo
  • Anonymous 
    • $30 
    • 1 mo
See all

Organizer

Jackie Schulze 
Organizer
Nanaimo, BC
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more