Dear customers, friends, and community,
On the early Friday morning of April 8th around 6am, a fire started on top of the building of Sushi Urashima that had burned through the ceiling and engulfed the kitchen which caused devastating damages inside the restaurant. More than 100 firefighters showed up at the scene to extinguish the fire. Luckily the fire was contained and no one was injured. However, the fire had caused significant damages for the restaurant that the building is no longer safe to enter. We have no choice but to halt the restaurant operation for now. At the moment, we are unsure when we will be back up and operating as reparations and repairs may take a few months.
As the owner of the restaurant, my words fail me as the shock sets in as this fire was devastating during this difficult time after we slowly try to get back on normal business after the pandemic. We humbly ask our community and loved ones for help during our shutdown. Any donations will be directed toward the damages and providing relief for the restaurant’s restoration. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.