Emma shouted from the door through the smoke and fire, "Help me, help, I'm still in here!" And a Good Samaritan (the guy who had initially seen the fire and called it in) shouted back to me that I had to get out and that he would catch me if I jumped. I got a burst of adrenaline and ran for it. Burned my bare feet badly in the escape, but I made it out.
I'm thankful today for Ronak who got on the first flight home and his parents who came right over to help and always treat me like their own. For my Mom and Dad (Saul), Maya and Hanny who called me right away. I'm thankful for co-workers and neighbors who care. But most of all, I'm thankful to God and to the Good Samaritan, whose name I never even got. Who left after hugging me and making sure I was okay and seeing that the fire department got there. I honestly think he was an angel who saved my life.
The picture is our apartment (called a Coach House). We occupy the upper unit including the loft at the top where our bedroom is. The white door is our front door.
PS I do not have my cellphone, purse, shoes, anything.
I do not know the costs, but from the photo it looks like a total loss. Please donate anything that you can for Emma.
- Dave & Nellie Jarvis
- Brent and Chloe Fahrberger
- Tom & Carolyn Brown
- Jason Davis
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more