COVID-19 and FIRE ACCINDENT
AT MALAWI’s BALAKA DISTRICT HOSPITAL
Orizzonte Malawi Onlus, jointly with Andiamo Youth Cooperative Trust Balaka (MALAWI), is collecting funds to face the COVID-19 emergency which has been made worse by the loss of a district hospital which caught on fire, creating increased need for patients across Balaka to access our already pressured Andiamo Hospital in the district.
Annually we see
- About 80.000+ patients who access health care services
- More than 80% are children under 15 and young mums
- Patients numbers are raising quickly because of Covid-19 and we are facing an even higher rise of patience due to the unfortunate District Hospital fire.
Andiamo hospital will become the primary referral hospital now- especially for maternity and Paediatric care
PLEASE TAKE ACTION NOW.
The situation is worsening, the accidental fire "Balaka District Hospital" is devastating for this rural community of over 250.000 people. The fire involved the theatre, stores, data offices and paediatrics, fortunately with no victims as all patients were evacuated in time.
Our Andiamo Comfort Community Hospital will become overwhelmed without your support.
As we combat both COVID-19 and the new influx of patient care need, we need any donation to keep our staff safe and all core services running, supporting the local government while they rehabilitate the hospital as quickly as they can.
RAISED FUNDS WILL BE USED FOR:
- Purchasing of extra drugs and supplies to face increasing patients treatments
- Hire temporary medical and supporting staff to face the overload of work shifts
- Adopt all COVID-19 Preventive measures to protect Staff and patients
- Ensure continuity of care for at risk mothers and their children
Thank you for your time and your support.
DonationsSee top donations
- Alessandro Cappelli
- Elena Chioggi
- Giuseppe Lagetto
- alessandro marchetti
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more