DRK Beauty Healing: Free Therapy for WOC

DRK Beauty  is a digital community that  supports and empowers women of color in all their diversity. We promote curated content and programming that prioritizes the needs and stories of all those who identify as women of color in this brave new world. We are on a mission to create spaces that unmute, amplify and connect our diverse voices across the world; to survive, heal and thrive.

DRK Beauty recently launched DRK Beauty Healing, a mental health initiative dedicated to giving away free therapy to women of color in the U.S. impacted by COVID-19 and recent events. We created an opportunity to immediately address the lack of appropriate attention that women of color are receiving in the mental health space. We partnered with multi-award-winning actress and singer, Cynthia Erivo, to co-lead a fundraiser to spread awareness about mental health in communities of color and raise funds to pay clinicians to continue to give away free therapy.

At this time, we would be deeply appreciative of your financial support towards our mental health initiative that communities of color need now more than ever. 80% of your donation will directly go towards funding clinicians who can continue to provide free therapy; the remaining 20% will be allocated for legal and administrative fees to effectively resource the initiative. Ultimately, your support will ensure short and long-term sustainability of DRK Beauty Healing and will undoubtedly have a generational healing effect.

For more information, visit our website at www.thisisdrkbeauty.com/drk-healing and/or directly email our team. You may also follow us on Instagram , Twitter  or LinkedIn  to stay connected and receive live updates.

Thank you.


Yours truly,
Wilma Mae Basta (Founder) & Danielle Jackson (Co-Founder)
DRK Beauty

Donations

 See top
  • Anonymous 
    • $100 
    • 2 d
  • Anonymous 
    • $100 
    • 2 d
  • Anonymous 
    • $100 
    • 16 d
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 29 d
  • Nneka Damali 
    • $50 
    • 1 mo
See all

Organizer

DRK Beauty 
Organizer
Brooklyn, NY

  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more