$5k Match!! Dividends for Hope!!

Oct. 5, 2017 - Please watch prior to considering to fund me: https://youtu.be/h7oAK3R1h1A

If you have already contributed under false/misleading pretenses please let me know for a full refund.

Thank You, proceed!

What problem am I trying to solve? Well, when it comes to donating to charity there are two things that frustrate me. First, the money donated is typically used for a one-time event. That's great but wouldn't it be better if one donation could help forever? Second, most charities operate on approximately an 80/20 basis. Essentially, 80% of the donation is used for the cause while the other 20% covers administrative expenses. Wouldn't it be great if 100% of your donation could help a cause?

Before I go any further - I want to make sure I am crystal clear of how dedicated I am to making this a success. As a small token of my appreciation, I have decided to personally match all donations made to this campaign (up to $5k).

Back to it - My frustrations have led to a dream of starting a charity where money is not contributed for a specific cause but rather donated to be invested. Then, the dividends (or interest) from the investments are used to fund various causes (but what causes??? - more on this below). In essence, your donation doesn't just give; it gives and gives and gives...FOREVER. Additionally, EVERY PENNY of earnings from donations will be used to fund causes.  

IMPORTANT - I must disclaim that this is technically not a charity today as we are not incorporated as such. Essentially, in spirit we are a charity, in legal terms we are not. The plan is to see the level of early stage contributions we can bring in, begin to invest, begin to generate earnings, create content showing those we have helped (via YouTube) and then incorporate. Please understand that ALL activity will be posted via social media (or direct email if you prefer). This is in no way a scam it's just in the early stages. I truly hope the difference is evident.

If you made it this far let me just say “thank you”. Whether or not you decide to donate is irrelevant. Of course, a donation helps but just clicking on my campaign gives me immense faith that there are incredible people out there.

Let’s get to the good stuff - This is my call to the world to see if anyone is interested in this type of charitable organization. I am a finance nerd and a genuinely caring person who truly inspired by the ability to make someone’s life just the slightest bit easier. This seems like the absolute perfect way to combine these passions.

These will be the founding principles of Dividends for Hope (more to come as the dream expands): 

1. Creating a social media presence across YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and any other platforms the community feels would be beneficial. These platforms will be used for full transparency of investments, earnings and donations made by the charity. 

2. (My favorite) The causes this charity supports will determined by YOU! A system will be created for nominating causes in which other people will need to vouch for the cause (through comments/replies/likes). The top X number of supported causes will then go into a final vote with the highest 1 or 2 causes getting supported. The best part is since we are only distributing earnings our only limitation is the size of our endowment! Once we get a large enough endowment we will be able to support causes more frequently. My dream is to get to a point where we are supporting multiple causes per day!!!

I thoroughly want to thank anyone who donates or even subscribes to the YouTube channel, joins the Facebook group or follows us on Twitter. The fact that you share my vision is incredible and I am truly humbled. If you decide to donate, please feel free to leave your email address or email me at [email redacted] so I can personally thank you. Also, if you have any suggestions to further the cause please do not hesitate to let me know.

Here’s to perpetual charity!

- John

Twitter - @Dividends4Hope
YouTube – Dividends for Hope https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpwqYLEODmMKi78aUdmwwFA

Facebook - Dividends For Hope (group)

 GoFundMe Guarantee

Only donations on our platform are protected by the GoFundMe Guarantee.


  • Jenna Grasley 
    • $150 
    • 47 mos
  • Ian Lopuch 
    • $25 
    • 47 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $25 (Offline)
    • 48 mos
  • Ian Lopuch 
    • $25 
    • 48 mos
  • Sara Shoenberger 
    • $20 
    • 48 mos
See all


John Garrell 
Philadelphia, PA
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more