Cure Kerr's Cancer

I am staring this fund to support my amazing husband, Tyler Kerr, as he fights Primary Mediastinal Large B Cell Lymphoma.

On Decemeber 26th, after months of feeling ill, Tyler was admitted to Exeter Hospital. His breathing was incredibly compromised and it appeared his thyroid was enlarged. We believed he would be coming home after having surgery to remove his thyroid, but a CAT scan showed that he had large tumors from his neck to the bottom of his diaphragm. The Doctors believed that this was lymphoma, crushing his airway to the size of a straw and pushing at the valves to his heart . Exeter could not do anything to keep Tyler alive if his airway closed down, so he was moved to Lahey Hospital. 

Once at Lahey, Tyler underwent a three hour biopsy, where they attempted to pull tissue from his tumors to confirm his diagnosis. The first two samples were necrotic and could not be used for diagnosis. They then had to go into his lung cavity, pushing down his lung in an attempt to get viable tissue. They were able to confirm that the tumors were from B Cell Lymphoma, but could not identify the specific type for treatment. After five days in the hospital, once his breathing was stabilized, Tyler was sent home with an order to get a PET scan.

On January 12th, Tyler went for a consultation at Dana Farber Institute in Boston. After meeting with his oncologist, Tyler was admitted to Brigham and Women's to start emergency treatment. He underwent another biopsy and was diagnosed with an aggressive Primary Mediastinal Large B Cell Lymphoma. Tyler's oncologist says that without treatment, he would not have survived another week. He spent ten days in the hospital and started his first round of chemotherapy.  

After his first round of chemo, Tyler lost his hair and feeling in his fingers. He continued to work from home and have endless positivity. Each round of chemo happens inpatient, meaning he spends six days in the hospital due to the aggressive form of treatment he is receiving. 

Tyler recently completed his second round of chemo, and the feeling in his hands has returned as severe pain. He has a blood clot, running from his left elbow into his chest, from tumors cutting off his circulation. While home, I administer two shots a day to combat the blood clot and clean his PIC line once a day. We also have a visiting nurse and regular check ups at Dana Farber in Londonderry. 

As his treatment continues, with at least four more rounds of chemo to go, it is impossible for him to continue to work. We have been able to make ends meet, as my job covers the mortgage, but medical costs continue to grow. Tyler's insurance allows us to be billed for close to $10,000 in medical expenses. While Tyler will end up spending 50+ days in hospitals in Boston, the financial impact is greater than we ever expected. 

We have had family and friends reach out asking how they can help, and this GoFundMe is one way to support Tyler and I during his treatment. Thank you in advance for your contribution, thoughts and prayers! 

  • Amy Mahoney
    • $50 
    • 53 mos
  • Olivia Santos
    • $25 
    • 53 mos
  • Matt Mayberry
    • $30 
    • 53 mos
  • Anonymous
    • $500 
    • 53 mos
  • Kait Smith
    • $50 
    • 55 mos
See all


Catherine Ivey Kerr
Sandown, NH

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily.

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about.

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the  GoFundMe Giving Guarantee.