Help! Coops Snout bleeding.

Hey guys, Cooper is my well traveled 13 year old chihuahua/jack russell mix and if you ever met him you already know hes got the best vibe.  Recently hes been having a hard time breathing and I noticed he was leaving pink bloody snot spots on my floor. I then noticed the swelling of his little eye/eyebrow. Kind of where his snout meets his eye is what seems like this bump, it is a bit hard and he doesn't seem to be in a ton of pain, though I can tell he is definitely lethargic and not feeling up to himself.  I also think/feel like he has lost some weight in the past couple weeks not sure if due to this uncomfortable feeling.
So I took him to the vet on 12/14 unfortunately he had already eaten for the day so they were unable to sedate him then to stay away from complications, since he is a senior dog and well no need for chances. He did get his blood work done that day the blood work all came back normal and in good health. The bill came out to about 230$ for the visit and blood work.
We then went home and scheduled for him to get sedated, have a scoping done on his nose and some x-rays, the estimated costs over 650$. I agreed. Luckily one of the nurses gave me a resource for a sponsor nearby and they agreed to help cover some of the cost.
They did not see anything to say for sure if it was or was not a foxtail as their scope was too big and couldn't really see up his nose, which seems pointless.  So they poke at what they saw and acquired some blood, but didn't do a biopsy, i think as it was unknown what the actual issue still is, and so we go home with a week of antibiotics and steroids. The total for that bill was 703$ and portion was covered by the humane society.
Day 5 of steroids and medicine and it seems the mass has gone down a tiny bit but there is a ton of mucus-y blood coming from his nose all day which I am wiping away. The past couple nights I can hear him breathing heavier than normal and coughing up what sound like loogies.
35370774_1577229788938076_r.jpeg
35370774_157722982828999_r.jpeg
Call his normal doctor whose not in but another doctor in the office tells me if it is not responding to antibiotics and or the steroids well or enough to see progress the next step would be to go to the specialist. I call there they tell me to just come in as an emergency patient. I ask the vet to send over all of coopers records for the other day, being the test the xrays any scope findings, etc. Takes them a while, they finally send them over, and I make my way to the vet hospital.
So we sit in the vet hospital for about 2.5 hours before finally seeing the doctor, we sit down with the doctor and of course his vet didn't send over any images so she cant see what the issue is, she gives him a quick run over and says it could be a tumor, if its not something actually in there, and that the next step would be an run up to be about 2500$ for anesthesia another nasal scope (one where they actually go into his nose) and a ct scan to see if there are any other foreign bodies in his muzzle. She then tells me this tumor can grow in size, and then its time to consider Coops way of life, if you know me and or Cooper you know that's unreal. I could never do that, and well I'm just really wishfully thinking its still just something in his nose. I left the vet office in tears and not really sure what to make of everything that's happening. With 2 more medications for something we don't know is the problem, and another bill of 210$.
35370774_1577229575872552_r.jpeg
I reached out to Coopers vet today Xmas EVE to get his actual x-rays to see what no one else has been able to see and there is a very obvious something in his nose, and now the next step is to try and keep him comfortable, while also giving him pills (which is nearly impossible since hes already such a picky eater) and go to the oncologist. The next available appointment n get a full estimate(the estimate I was given by the doctor was around $2500 for just testing and if it is a tumor then that would change] and currently we are waiting for an oncology appointment since the next one that was available is over 2 weeks away, on Jan 13th. So currently, I am reaching out for any help, to help me achieve whatever I need to, to help Cooper, even getting close to this goal, would help out tons.  I am also open to other opinions on vets in the area, that may have a more intensive foxtail knowledge or growths or senior dogs, or any suggestions or tips in general.
Cooper, Oakland and I all thank you, and I will update as the weeks transpire on if these meds are helping, his food intake, and well just all together his health.
Please send all the good vibes this way, he is most definitely a main portion of my life and not seeing him well is heartbreaking.

Donations ()

  • Anonymous 
    • $20 
    • 1 mo
  • Tzeira Sofer 
    • $35 
    • 1 mo
  • Andrea Saldutti 
    • $40 
    • 1 mo
  • Penny Hondrogen 
    • $20 
    • 1 mo
  • Marisa Leto  
    • $30 
    • 1 mo
See all

Organizer

Az Iza 
Organizer
San Pablo, CA
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more