Fight for Peter

Hello, my name is Heather, Peter's second child. My brother, Travis and I are writing this to inform you of our dad's situation and ask for help. There are a lot of questions and answers still up in the air as we are just in the beginning of this diagnosis, but I will do my best to explain this horrible situation and I'm willing to answer any questions you may have. 

Our dad was recently diagnosed with some form of throat cancer that is affecting his larynx or voice box. He had an appointment last night that resulted in something we were not expecting. Our dad went in for a biopsy, and because the tumor is obstructing most of his airway, the doctor could not get a breathing tube past it for surgery. In alternative, he had a tracheotomy. The doctor informed us that this could be reversed depending on our dad's treatment and recovery, but for now this is his reality. He will not be able to talk for a few days with the tube that is currently in, but in a couple of days when they change it out the doctor said he will be able to talk without trouble. 

We have to wait 6-9 days for biopsy results which will tell us the exact type, stage, and help determine the exact treatment dad will receive. The doctor talked to my mom and I last night and the two option we have so far are;

1. Surgery to remove either all of the tumor or a majority of it, but could end up effecting dad's swallowing and speech. This way could also need some radiation to kill off the rest of the tumor if they cannot extract the entirety of it ..or..
2. Just chemo and radiation.

Dad had a CT scan of the neck and brain, and the cancer has not spread up into the brain, thankfully.  A PET scan is up for discussion in near future to determine if the cancer has spread elsewhere.

With that being said, dad is currently in the hospital for 5-7 days for the tracheotomy to heal and for him to learn how to live with it. He is not allowed to have any visitors due to COVID. We are unsure of the road ahead of us, but we are trying to be very hopeful for something positive. He will be out of work for the 5-7 days and for some time afterwards whether he chooses surgery or chemo/radiation. 

We are here asking for your help to relieve some of the financial stress off of our family while we go through this tragic time. 

Anything will help; even just a share or a positive message for my dad to read. 

Again, we do not have all of the answers, but I will be sure to keep you all updated. 

We all thank you soooo much in advance- with love.


 See top
  • Jessica Miner 
    • $75 
    • 1 mo
  • Erika Cutter 
    • $50 
    • 1 mo
  • Cathy Jalbert 
    • $50 
    • 1 mo
  • Anonymous 
    • $125 
    • 1 mo
  • Stephanie Leandri 
    • $20 
    • 1 mo
See all


Heather Drouin 
Antrim, NH
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more