Help us reopen CIACLA and plan future events! - All donations are tax deductible in the USA.ABOUT
The groundwork for CIACLA - The Contemporary Irish Arts Centre Los Angeles was established in 2011 when Matthew Nevin & Ciara Scanlan of MART Gallery & Studios began to curate exhibitions annually in Los Angeles, promoting leading Irish Contemporary Artists.
In 2019, following eight years of exhibitions and events through local partnerships in Los Angeles, the pair launched a pilot venue for CIACLA, which promoted contemporary Irish culture through a multidisciplinary summer program at Bergamot Station, Santa Monica.
This exciting program which showcased a need for a dedicated Irish arts venue in LA and was made possible with thanks to our new members and supporters, The MART Gallery & Studios, Culture Ireland, the Government of Ireland's Emigrant Support Programme and Santa Monica City.
As we fundraise towards a permanent center, CIACLA will continue to facilitate and promote cultural events & exhibitions in collaboration with local and international cultural partnerships. This future programming is dependent on the support of our members, patrons and sponsorship, while continuing to develop our relationships with councils in the US and Ireland. The success of the summer 2019 program is evidence of the need for a venue to promote Irish Culture on the west coast of the US.
CIACLA promotes Contemporary Irish Culture and supports local diverse communities through a multidisciplinary programme in collaboration with local and international cultural partnerships. CIACLA is focused on developing a creative platform to support and challenge artists as a means of promoting creative innovation and collaborative initiatives in Los Angeles. CIACLA is a non-profit 501(c)(3).PROGRAM
Through a program focused on public engagement, CIACLA showcases multidisciplinary contemporary art projects that engage with local communities and interrupt the vision of what ‘Ireland’ is.
CIACLA operates as a creative network for Irish and local partners to showcase their activities; through a programme that aims to support work that is new, experimental and unrestricted. CIACLA facilitates collaborative events with local artists and cultural partners while also showcasing artists, curators and institutions based in Ireland.ETHOS
- A registered non-profit 501(c)(3) charity where all funds raised are placed back into the program, operations and ethos of the organisation.
- Promotes established and emerging Contemporary Irish Visual Artists, living in Ireland and USA.
- Provides a unique settings to present cutting-edge feature length and short Film from innovative Irish filmmakers.
- Showcases leading Performance artists working in live art who create and present an ephemeral art experience..
- Acts as a platform for contemporary Irish Music acts to perform and be showcased to the local music industry.
- Provides networking, promotion and space for innovative and exciting Contemporary Irish Dance & Theatre to engage with new audiences.
- Promotes emerging & established contemporary Irish Literature & Design.email@example.com
- www.ciacla.com CIACLA Website Summer Highlights Video