Every year we raise money to donate towards an organization of our choice in hopes that we can make a difference, no matter how small it is, in the world we live in, whether it is by helping out people in need or contributing to the betterment of our ecosystem.
This year we have chosen to raise money and donate towards ' 시흥시 1%복지재단 (1% Welfare Foundation)';
a non profit organization located in the city of Siheung, Gyeonggi Province in South Korea. Here's a little more info on them: Mision.
Improving the quality of life of Siheung citizens by supporting various support projects and welfare services for low-income people in Siheung City through the creation of a community.
- Create a culture of donation and sharing through a partnership of the citizens, businesses and Siheung City
- Promote a safety system for the low income class of the 3rd Center for Basic Security and Social Insurance.
- Promote social welfare-related institutions and other support systems for improving the quality of social welfare services
- Do a study on the 'Policy' for the Development of Donation Culture and on the Improvement of Social Welfare Workers' Professionalism
Where does the money donated go to?
- Support for living expenses.
- Medical expenses support.
- Support for medical examination expenses.
- Holiday Gift Support.
- Support for education programs for children and adolescents.
- Dental support.
- Sponsored support (donations such as rice, ramen, gift cards etc, will be given to the low income families).
- Low-income funding.
For more details, please visit their website: siheung1fund.org
As you may have noticed, this organization is located in Jongdae's hometown and he has previously shown his support towards it by donating with the purpose of giving a helping hand to those that grew up with him on this town and the generations coming after, hence why this campaign is really important to us. We want to show our maximum support to something so close and meaningful to Jongdae as it is his hometown and the people in it, and for that we need your help!
Every dollar donated will be taken into account and immensely appreciated by us, and most importantly, by the organization it will be donated to and the people it will help.
We would like to mention that if your donation exceeds $10, you will be mentioned as a contributor and publicly thanked when our campaign is all wrapped up.
If you would like to donate via our PP (firstname.lastname@example.org
) instead, please make sure to do it through the Friends&Family option and write 'BDAY' on the notes so we know!
If you are a fanbase and are not part of the Union, yet would like to contribute in the donation, please send us an email or contact us via DM (@ForChenUnion). ** DISCLAIMER:
If we happen to encounter any sort of external issue regarding the donation, we will be selecting another international organization just like the ones we have previously donated to in past birthday/anniversary projects.
- For Chen Union.