The fire started in an overhead exhaust fan in their bathroom and spread through the attic. Bits of the fixture came falling down, one hitting Ed, luckily only giving him a minor injury. The house was evacuated and everyone got out safely but the damage was extensive.
The fire department had to partially destroy the house, pulling down much of the ceiling to get to the attic fire. Between the flames and the fire department the damage was severe.
The upper part of the house is pretty well devastated, stuff is hanging down from the rafters, and the whole roof has to be replaced down to the trusses.
Cleanup is underway, but the house has to be stripped to the studs, fixtures replaced, and more. Joan, Ed, and Lance could use help making the house safe again.
A new smoke detection system would be a huge help. Contributions toward extending their Life Alert subscription would also be great, as it was that system that called the Fire Department to their aid. Other safety improvements can be made, but they could use help funding it.
Please help this teacher, this veteran, and the son they care for to restore their living space and make it safer than it once was. You can donate online or get in touch to send a check if you want to do things that way. We appreciate your support.
DonationsSee top donations
- Shannon Faxon
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more