Who We Are
We are members of a church named Christ Cruficied Fellowship
in the Upper Manhattan neighborhood of Washington Heights in New York City.
We are hoping and praying to raise $15,000
and leave to Colombia on July 14th and return on July 21st.
This is our third year to have the privilege to travel on a mission trip to minister to an indigenous people in Colombia.
Only 15 believers in Christ were found in their total population of 18,000, thus making them an unreached people group with very little scripture in their own language.
Unfortunately there are people in power who are against this indigenous group being exposed to Christianity, so for the sake of our mission and the protection of this group of people we must withhold their name.
Last Year's Mission
1. We are buildinga video library produced of Bible Stories in the language language of our idigenous people group.
We did this because we believe that using visual means is a much more effective way to share the Holy Scriptures with them.
They also starred in this amazing production which served as further incentive for them to watch. :)
2. We did relationship building at a home for at-risk teenage girls in Bogota.
3. We partnered with a ministry that works with Bogota street kids.
This ministry has a farm in the mountains and they bring kids from the inner city.
This allows them to get away from the city and partake in Bible Camps where we sang songs, did crafts, shared a meal and Bible stories.This Year's Mission
This year we want to go back and:
1. Minister to this group of people in their homeland outside of Pereira!
The idigenous people are being allowed to return home so for the second year we will go to their home to reach them.
2. Build a library of 15 bible stories in their
3. Build on the relationships we have made!
We are going to produce and direct another video consisting of three more Bible Stories.
We will be partaking in Bible Camp where we will be singing songs, sharing meals and Bible stories.Where The Money Will Go
1. The money will go towards sending the mission team there!
This will cover our transportation, lodging, and supplies.
2. We would also like to raise money to support the ministry of the missionaries working with the indeginous!
This provides the means for them to have a year round with the indegenious in remote parts of the country.