Wheels Up - PR animals need you!

We want something TOTALLY insane for Halloween: We want 1,000 people each to donate $5 for Rescue Life’s next flight to Puerto Rico!

Hurricane Maria caused catastrophic flooding, leaving an estimated 3.4 million people in Puerto Rico without power and endangering an unknown number of humans, dogs, cats, and other animals. There once were an estimated 500,000 stray dogs that ran wild on Dead Dog Beach - abused and abandoned by their owners and families. When the hurricane hit, all were washed away and none survived. The only survivors were those that had been luckily moved into shelters before the storm.
Because of the catastophic conditions these animals are possibly in pain and suffering with no access to food or water. They desperately need our help.

Rescue groups , like Rescue Life , are helping clear out the overwhelmed shelters and offer these animals a new chance at life here in Florida. This is our urgent plea for your help. Please check out these links to view the some of the miraculous rescues that are currently taking place:

Much needed animal supplies head down to PR

Dogs & Cats Rescued from PR

Many hands make light work.
The mission of this campaign is to help raise the much needed funds to get life saving veterinary supplies and basic food and supplies to the areas of Puerto Rico that have been devastated by Hurricane Maria.

In addition to trying to conduct the most epic of freedom flights for the dogs and cats (over 60 dogs and 30 cats arrived on the first flight - 70 dogs and 50 cats are due to arrive this Wednesday, October 11, 2017), several more cargo planes have been scheduled to fly to PR with much needed supplies such as generators, gas cans, animal feed, and medical supplies such as flea and heartworm treatments. Two cargo planes have already departed each sending over 4000lbs of supplies -that's 8k pounds so far. There are four additional rescue missions scheduled. Each plane costs $15,000.

The one next leaves October 12, 2017. 

With your monetary donation, 97% of every dollar donated will go directly to  Rescue Life Hurricane Maria relief fund . The other 3% goes to GoFundMe hosting. 

Please donate your $5 now! They are desperately hungry and traumatized. Conditions are deplorable.

We thank you, but more importantly, the animals thank you.  Photos shared here are the "lucky ones" who landed last night in Ft. Pierce, Florida.

PS - please share this link on your favorite social media site saying "I donated my $5 for the animals of Puerto Rico" and post a picture below of yourself in costume with your favorite pet/s. 

Thank you sincerely from Lisa Archer, Alex & Max Bergman, Melanie & Wyatt Blonshine, and Molly & Tori Eversmann. And thanks to Big Dog Ranch, PetHaven, A Second Chance, Furry Friends who have these wonderful beasts up for adoption.
  • Leah Michaels 
    • $10 
    • 49 mos
  • Jason Droddy 
    • $100 
    • 49 mos
  • Beth Shortall 
    • $10 
    • 49 mos
  • Martina Gil 
    • $50 
    • 49 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $105 
    • 49 mos
See all

Organizer

Tori Dukehart Eversmann 
Organizer
West Palm Beach, FL
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more