Brad "Freddie" Frederickson

Our dear friend, Brad, was diagnosed with MS on August 17.  He has been in the hospital since August 5.  The medical expenses have been building up and Brad is trying to secure short term disability.  In the mean time we are hoping to help ease the financial burden so that he can just focus on recovering and regaining strength.   Please read the details of his story that he posted below.  A CaringBridge page is in progress and details for that will follow so that you can stay up to date on his progress. 

Thank you for any support that you could provide. 


Andy, Carrie & Val

Brad's post:

Since many people have reached out I thought now might be the time to share. Last Friday I was diagnosed with MS. A total surprise.

It’s been a very rough 3 weeks for me. I woke up August 5th and could barely stand or walk. I managed to get into Kristin’s car and she brought me to urgent care where they couldn’t do anything for me. Kristin rolled me across the parking lot to the ER at St Joes hospital. There they took blood and Irvine tests as well as a CT scan. Nothing showed up. But I was omitted for observation cause I couldn’t walk. I was there until August 15th. No diagnosis. No nothing. Ten days of laying in bed...wondering and just thinking about stuff. I was very sad and frustrated.

Finally they were able to find me a swing bed. A place I can go to for physical therapy. I guess St Joes thought I was going to miraculously walk again. I was sent to Barron, WI to a Mayo Clinic. I git here and immediately saw a dr. She was concerned and talked to neurologists at Luther in Eau Claire. She set me up to see him and get a MRI done last Friday.

Last Thursday I got an ambulance ride down to Eau Claire. Saw a neurologist right away. Had MRI set up for Friday afternoon.

Friday: had MRI done. Shortly after a hospitalist entered the room. “You want the good news or the bad news”. My heart sank and said give me the bad news. She said mri shows MS but it’s treatable. I broke down crying. She explained done stuff and left. I began my 5 days of steroids that night.

That night I also made it known to my 1998 classmates that I wouldn’t be attending the 20 year class reunion. So many people reached out to me. I was overwhelmed. I just wanted to keep crying.

Saturday arrives and I had my bro and sister in law over visiting. Flowers arrived. At first I thought work sent them. I read the card and they were from class if 1998! I began to cry again. Gosh darn it! I’ve never gotten flowers before. I am so lucky to have such fascinating people in my life.

So took my 5 days of steroids and was transferred back to Barron this past Wednesday. It’s been a struggle up here to be honest. It’s small, seems so far away. I’ve been an emotional wreck this week. The stress of everything is starting to catch up. Mainly bills and not having to work for 3 weeks. I have no idea how much longer I’ll be out for. I need to get back!!! It sucks so bad.

I’m here and determined to work hard at physical therapy so I can get back on my feet. I miss my boring life at home!!! I miss my Molly puppy. I miss so many people. This is crazy!!!

I hope everyone is doing great though. Thank you kristin for being rock solid and hanging in there with me. You’ve done so much already. Thank you friends and family for reaching out. I appreciate it and I love you all!!

I will post updates on my progress. I feel a bit better expressing my feelings here and getting it out.
  • Julie Sprafka 
    • $2,500 
    • 40 mos
  • Kristine Frederickson  
    • $300 
    • 40 mos
  • Bailey Toland 
    • $100 
    • 40 mos
  • Elizabeth Miller 
    • $30 
    • 40 mos
  • Christa Ann 
    • $20 
    • 47 mos
See all


Andy Bylander 
Roberts, WI

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily.

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about.

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the  GoFundMe Giving Guarantee.