“Be the change you want to see.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
I strongly believe in giving back to community and part of that includes volunteer as Co-Chair of ROOTS Young Adult Shelter Board of Directors.
"Everyone has a safe place to call home."
"ROOTS Young Adult Shelter builds community and fosters dignity through access to essential services and a safe place to sleep for young adults experiencing homelessness."
1. We serve close to 650 different young people each year.
2. Shelter triples young people's chances at finding housing.
3. We operate 365 days a year and is the largest overnight shelter in Washington serving young people ages 18 to 25.
4. ROOTS is a safe place to be indoors tonight
5. 25% of our funds are from individuals like you and me
6. I have great parents so fortunate enough to choose to invest in those who didn’t
I have taken up the challenge of participating in Seattle To Portland biking event happening on July 15 & 16 covering 200+ miles in 2 days. I am motivated due to the fact all funds raised plus my personal contribution will help ROOTS to provide the much needed shelter coverage. $40 provides all necessary commodities and support for a guest for a night with all amenities.
My goal is to raise support for at least 125 guests which equates to $5000.
I am counting on my friends and family for helping ROOTS reach the goal of $500 by July 16. Can you help me exceed that goal.
Every $ counts and motivates me to push further.
Help spread the word !
- Camay Wells
- Karen Thielke
- James Gagnon
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more