According to the fire marshall, the fire was sparked by faulty wiring under the stairs leading to our daughter's room, which was completely engulfed. The fire spread very quickly, and if we had been home and asleep, we could have lost a child.
We have only lived here for three months- just long enough to move everything we own into the house to be burned or destroyed by smoke.
We have a 6 year old daughter Lilly, a 6 year old son Gage, an 11 month old baby boy, Kyle, no renter's insurance (lesson learned) and no savings to speak of. We have family nearby, and that's a blessing, but they can only do so much.
We are grateful for any amount that anyone can donate.
Obviously, we need to find new housing as soon as possible (3 bedrooms in or near Eugene), and purchase new clothes, furniture, tools, and eventually basically everything from kitchen supplies to baby toys to school supplies... It's a long list.
Please help us rebuild our lives, and thank you for sharing!
Aiden, Kayla, Lilly, Gage, and Kyle.