Janet Piateski

Janet was Jim Piateski's loving wife of almost forty years. She was a generous and caring mother of her children, Jenny and Erin, and her grandchildren, Alexai and Mila. She and Jim have always been the best of friends to all of us.

Just two months ago, Janet was diagnosed with a terrible case of cancer, much of it "fourth stage." Sadly, Janet's fight has ended. She passed away on July 28th. 

In order to help to at least lighten the Piateski's likely immense financial load, we have put up this website on GoFundMe.com and we encourage any of it's visitors to make good use GoFundMe.com's "services." We are hoping that it's implementation may provide them with some needed assistance. Please share this site. There is strength in numbers. The more people who can be afforded the opportunity to help, the better.

(GoFundMe.com has been a real help to lots of folks who have truly needed it's services. After having spent some time and effort researching these kinds of sites, neither of us were able to find any that were more fair than GoFundMe.com and/or WePay.com. Unfortunately, GoFundMe.com feels as if they must charge 5% which can only be considered to be reasonable and fair in order to cover the costs of their overhead. WePay.com charges an additional 2.9% to process credit cards (this is a very standard charge it is absolutely fair). Together, the charges amount to 7.9%. There are, in fact, no further charges. GoFundMe.com assumes all liability and carries with it the best of reputations. Please bear these facts in mind when and how you decide to donate.)

We want to explore the possibility of other (less expensive) ways to transfer funds both openly and anonymously. Should anyone have any suggestions, please send them to either Julia Munro or Joel Breger. Jim and Janet have had to make their way through some very difficult situations and we, as their friends, want to help in any way possible. If you are uncomfortable with the GoFundMe.com charges and would like the simplest way to circumvent them, please go ahead and make out a check [directly] to Jim and contact Joel Breger for his address.

The simple truth is that we (friends of the Piateski family) have been presented with an opportunity to provide a small amount of support to a couple of very deserving people. Theirs is a cause which, aside from the (what we feel to be a fair) cost of posting this site on GoFundMe.com, has no "overhead" at all. We all know that they would never hesitate to help us were we in need. When we look in the mirror, it is not at all difficult to "see" Janet and Jim gazing back at ourselves.

Should you need any explanations or have any questions at all, please write to Joel Breger (joel<at>breger.net) who will be pleased to be able to help.

Thank you in advance for your love and appreciation of, and support for Janet and Jim in this particularly difficult time.
  • Daisy and Dennis Roth 
    • $50 
    • 83 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 83 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $36 
    • 83 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $75 
    • 83 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 83 mos
See all

Organizer

Julia Breger Munro 
Organizer
Cambridge, MA
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more