She (emphatically) does not want a party :((
But there is a way to help show Beazie how much you love her. The photo above was taken just as Beazie was about to go 4-wheeling on the beach in Chatham, MA. She looks pretty darn happy, right? For her whole life, Beazie has loved everything about being on, in, or near the ocean.
The Jeep in the photo is long gone...but her desire to be at the outer edge of where sand meets water remains as strong as ever. Hence, Beazie needs a Jeep. Not just any Jeep -- a Jeep with the name of her friends and family printed on the hood!
There are two ways you can help make this a great celebration:
1. If you can, please consider a donation towards the Jeep -- any donation will help.
2. Send birthday wishes, random advice, embarrassing stories, one-sided memories, and/or post-modern playlets in some digital form…(video, text or photos) anything you want to share (here).
All birthday communications will be compiled and presented to her, along with a used Jeep (very similar to this one), on February 18th (first practical weekend day near actual birthday).
Everyone who responds will have their name added to a large weatherproof decal that will be affixed to the hood of the vehicle (maybe not by the 18th but it'll happen).
I'll send a link with as much reaction as I can capture along with a message from Beazie back to everyone. Deadline for responses is February 14th.
1. Your participation is very much appreciated!! Thank you in advance for anything you want to share.
2. This is a surprise. Please no hints to Beazie & no posting about it to any social site or forum that she is likely to see.
3. My list of email contacts is incomplete. Please share this page directly with any of Beazie's friends you can think of...don't assume they already know.
4. Deadline for all responses is February 14th.
Thank you very much,
(and Matilda too even though I haven't told her yet)
Any questions please email me at: fred_leighton@yahoo
Donating Safely on GoFundMe
- Ann Bowman
- Emily Whitmore
- Barbara Bowman
- Isabel Wyss
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more