The Puerto Rican Parade Committee of Paterson, Inc. (PRPCP), and others have partnered with the Paterson Public School District (Paterson Partners Steering Committee) to Sponsor-A-School in Puerto Rico.
We would like to thank each and every individual who gave a monetary donation and/or supported the various fundraising events which collectively allowed the Paterson Partners to raise over $20,000 which has gone to replace irreparably damaged educational materials and equipment, and restore necessary services, particularly wireless internet access for the students of Escuela Superior Vocacional Pablo Colón Berdecia in Barranquitas, PR.
On behalf of the Puerto Rican Parade Committee of Paterson, I congratulate the Paterson Partners Steering Committee on a job well done. The committee will be traveling to Barranquitas, PR during the week of April 2nd to present the selected school’s administration and students with the donations.
(Please continue to support the ongoing efforts of the Puerto Rican Parade Committee of Paterson's (PRPCP) campaign to REBUILD Puerto Rico one project at a time. Further donations to this site will be used for PRPCP committee’s REBUILD PR Campaign as our promise and commitment to stand with the people of Puerto Rico. Your donations will fund our new projects and initiatives in collaboration with many partnering organizations.)
The Puerto Rican Parade Committee of Paterson, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.
We ask that you join our REBUILD PR fundraising campaign to help us attain our goal of providing ongoing support for children and families living on the island that may have not been given the proper resources and assistance still needed to continue to survive post Hurricane Maria.
We have been working closely with many organizations, businesses, and community leaders in the mainland and in Puerto Rico since the immediate aftermath of Hurricane Maria to assist with the catastrophic damages that the island of Puerto Rico had to endure on September 20, 2017.
Our Successes So Far:
1. Sept. 28, 2017 – Our “Hurricane Maria-PR Relief” initiatives launched in partnership with Paterson's PBA Local #1. Donations of over a half million pounds of food, water, medical and infant supplies were collected and delivered to Puerto Rico within the first 30 days of the disaster. (Ongoing)
2. Sept. 30, 2017 - Joined the PR Congress Convention with over 200 NJ elected officials and community leaders organized to collaborate on PR Relief Efforts (organized by the Puerto Rican Congress of NJ.)
3. Oct. 27, 2017 - We began our Boots-On-The-Ground mission in Puerto Rico. PRPCP and PBA Local #1 members flew to PR to distribute food, water and medical supplies throughout the island's most affected areas. In addition, we've reconstructed numerous roofs for families with homes that no longer had them. Due to the success of the teams work, the international WAPA News Network covered our story in Puerto Rico which aired in the mainland (US) as well. Furthermore, the WAPA News crew met up with our team the day after to assist in the effort to reconstruct roofs and hand out food.
4. Nov. 19, 2017 - PRPCP members attended the Unity March in Washington, D.C. joining thousands of community activist and members of Congress. The march started from the Capital steps through the National Mall and to the Lincoln Memorial where keynote speakers, dignitaries and special guests voiced their demand that Congress send additional aid to Puerto Rico. (Organized by the Hispanic Federation and the honorable Lin-Manuel Miranda)
5. Nov. 2017 - April 2, 2018 – We joined the Paterson Public School District's Paterson Partners committee which raised over $20,000 to Sponsor-A-School in Puerto Rico. Members of the committee traveled to Puerto Rico to present the donations of educational materials and technological equipment to the students and staff of Escuela Superior Vocacional Pablo Colón Berdecia in Barranquitas, PR. (The Paterson Partners committee will continue to support the school remotely on an ongoing bases.)
6. Next Project – “REBUILD PR Campaign”. We seek to continue gaining momentum by expanding our partnerships by identifying organizations that are like-minded which we can collaborate with on new projects or ongoing initiatives that will have a long lasting impact to improve the lives of the people of Puerto Rico. Help us raise funds by donating to our cause to REBUILD PR one project at a time! Donate to this page. All Donations Are Tax Deductible.
For more information about our other PRPCP initiatives or upcoming events, please visit our Facebook page: The Puerto Rican Parade Committee of Paterson, Inc. (www.PuertoRicansUnited.com)
President, Puerto Rican Parade Committee of Paterson, Inc. (PRPCP)
- Richele Neal
- Holaya Estrada-Ortiz
- George Lisboa
- Nicholas Rodriguez
- Ruba Mustafa
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more