Electrical Fire Displaces Family

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — A fire at a townhouse in Virginia Beach Monday morning displaced eight people.

Officials with the Virginia Beach Fire Department said crews were called to a townhouse, off Great Neck Road, just before 9:30 a.m. Crews arrived on scene four minutes later, and had the fire undr control in about 10 minutes.

Pictures from the scene appeared to show heavy interior damage to the building.

Gallery: Fire damages townhouse in Virginia Beach
Officials said two men were taken to the hospital with minor injuries. A total of eight people — six adults and two children & one dog — were displaced as a result of the fire. The children were at school at the time of the fire, according to officials.

One of the men jumped out of a second-story window, and had burns to both of his hands. The other, a 94-year-old man, had some breathing issues because of the smoke from the fire.
  • Shirley Ciallelli 
    • $100 
    • 45 mos
  • William Marx 
    • $50 
    • 45 mos
  • Deborah York 
    • $25 
    • 45 mos
  • Trent Mcgrath 
    • $55 
    • 45 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $100 
    • 45 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Jack Allsbrook 
Organizer
Virginia Beach, VA
Wylie Bowens 
Beneficiary
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more