Tanya is up against a wall right now. I recognize it because I was up against the same one in my late twenties, only I had family to get me out of it. Tanya is pretty much on her on in this struggle.
Here are the problems she's dealing with:
1. She's a Doctoral student surviving on a TA salary.
2. She has two kids living with her, one with a life-time disability preventing her from being a bread winner. Both kids help, but this summer is too much.
3. She has pretty terrible health issues that she's stuggling to get a handle on (dehibalitating back pain, a heart disease scare, mobility problems, double vision, and major depression that is being left untreated due to money constraints).
4. She taught courses this summer with the thought she'd be able to pay her rent, but the school just told her they won't pay her until end of August.
5. They are now going to evict her for being two months late on rent.
6. She needs glasses, which she can't afford, for the double vision preventing her from writing on her dissertation.
7. Without any showing progress on her dissertation, she won't be able to teach next semester (her only income stream).
8. They can't really afford food.
9. The electric will be turned off this coming week.
10. Her struggle with depression is worsened by the fact that she can't fix this. There have been moments of despair so terrible that we've looked into inpatient treatment (not available unless you try to harm yourself) or outpatient treatment (another huge expense). She is truly in crisis because she can't fix this herself.
All of this is cyclical and making things unbearable for Tanya. She's in a terrible place. I KNOW HOW THIS FEELS, ONLY I HAD FAMILY MAKING SURE I DIDN'T GET CRUSHED BY MY PROBLEMS.
Tanya needs us to be her family.
If we all donate what we can, we can give her a foundation to build on.
The sooner she gets these funds, the sooner she can go back to working her butt off as a PhD candidate, a single mom of two great young adults, and a writer. She is a Wonder Woman and would never ask for money herself!
She is a Seton Hill University alum. She's a fighter. She needs help on this one!
This is a way to make a huge difference in the life of a woman who has fought for every good thing in her life. She's deserving of this help.
This will make all the difference in the world. Please help a woman who'd never ask for herself.
- Mike Arnzen
- Sally Bosco
- Donna Wagenblast Munro
- Trish Macvaugh
- David Weiss
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more