Friends! I am beyond excited to share that in LESS THAN A MONTH I am MOVING TO UGANDA!!! Yup, it's true :)
I leave for Kampala, Uganda on September 25th 2018!!
I am raising $10K over the next 10 months & need YOUR help & continued support!!
Why are you moving?!
For the past two years I have had the honor of traveling to Tororo, Uganda with Reach Up Reach Out (RURO) Ministries lead by Alex and Shunna Jones-Moreno. I currently serve as the Global Missions intern! During this experience God has truly blessed & opened my heart to this beautiful country and it's amazing people. I have found my home and purpose in caring for orphans & loving widows.
What will I be doing in Uganda?
I have accepted a position at Heritage International School in Kampala, and will be working as a missionary-teacher in the preschool classroom! Heritage is a christian, international, missionary based school of 370+ students representing over 30 different countries. The Jones-Moreno family lived in Uganda in 2014 when adopting their son Caleb. Heritage Intentional is the school their daughter Layla attended. The beauty of this move is that I will also be available to be an even greater partner with RURO while in Uganda!
What are you raising money for?
The compensation from teaching will assist with covering my basic needs in country.
I need help from generous people like YOU to assist with the financial costs associated with an international move! This money I hope to raise will help with travel costs, moving expenses, and be a huge addition to my small teaching stipend while in Uganda during my year term.
I am raising this money over the next 10 months- therefore appreciate your continued support!
Other tangible ways to help:
1. Donate household/personal items- (ziploc bags, food seasonings, Tupperware, batteries, hangers, flashlights, towels, pillows, sheets, snacks, 3M command hooks, laundry bag, basic tools, bath mat, mattress padding, size 9 1/2 hiking boots, "teacher" clothes lol, Bluetooth speakers, external hard drive, USB, mac-book charging chord, cold medicine, durable hiking backpack)
2. Donate gift cards- (Amazon, Target, Walmart)
3. Donate classroom items- (children's books, wall decor, sharpie markers, stickers, kid gifts, water balloons, birthday signs/decor, craft supplies, sports equipment, brown baby dolls! :), pencils )
4. Share this post with your networks!!
5. Pray for God's continued leadership and provision as well as protection
Other ways to give
1. PayPal: PayPal.Me/MelodyinUganda
2. Venmo: @Melody_Davis
(Message me for a mailing address)
Also follow my blog!! www.melodyamber.me
DonationsSee top donations
- Dave Butz
- Dave Butz
- Jason Ward
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more