Memorial fund for Brian

Brian and I met in high school. I still remember what he was wearing. A bright blue sweatshirt with a puerto rico flag, black gym shorts, socks, adidas sandals and a hat. I saw him as simple as he was but the most handsome guy around. He was my high school sweetheart. We got engaged 2 years later on New Year's Eve. He proposed to me at Belmont Shore. I was the happiest girl in the world and of course, I said, Yes. A year and a half later we got married. It was one of the best days of my life next to the day we found out I was pregnant which was on our 1 year wedding anniversary July 23rd, 2012. Our princess was a miracle. Due to my husband's previous condition of Leukemia, we were told it would be a miracle of God if we ever had a child. God was watching over us and felt we deserved our miracle and I delivered her on Dec, 26, 2012. 10:23pm at only 29 weeks, gestation weighing 2 pounds and 12 oz. We were unsure whether or not she was going to make it. She had her first surgery at only 4 days old and came out like a champ. Still hooked up to IV's And ventilators and much more she continued to fight. We then got more devastating news of a grade 4 bleed on the right side of her brain. As if our princess had not suffered enough medications meant to help close a hole in her heart did the opposite and caused it to enlarge. So we went through with a second surgery trying to save our babies life. Again she came out amazing. At that point she had been through two surgeries, at less than a month old. More problems arose. Changes of ventilators to assist with breathing, renal failure to name a few. We were at her bedside day in and day out. My husband was so in love with his princess, he couldn't leave her side. On February 28th we got amazing news at how well our daughter was progressing. She was getting stronger by the day and off oxygen able to breath on her own. What a lil fighter she is. One would say how can such a small little girl have so much fight in her. I must say she got it from her daddy. 60 days into her stay in the N.I.C.U we are getting so excited for the goals she was achieving. She is now not only breathing on her own but nursing and attempting bottle feeds. We prayed and kept strong as we continued our N.I.C.U roller coaster. It was at this time I noticed my husband was feeling sick, but he assured me it was just a cold. Being the loving wife, I accepted after much hesitation, he couldn't fight the battle of cancer that had returned once again. After 75 days in the N.I.C.U, I spent the day with our daughter while he was sick at home. I returned home around 9:53pm and found my husband deceased in our bed. My heart shattered to pieces not only for myself but for our daughter that was nearing her arrival home. There's no turning back the hands of time. I must hold on to the good we shared and the last words I heard, " I love you baby, give Athena kisses for me." Now I must continue this journey alone to be the best mommy & daddy to our precious little girl as our guardian angel watches from above.  

( We ask for friends and family to please help us raise money for Brian's Memorial Fund. Any little donation helps. Whether it be $1 Or $5. If not, we understand... Thank you all for your time and please keep my family and I in your thoughts and prayers.. )


  • Tati Fig & Family 
    • $60 
    • 100 mos
  • Monica Caballero 
    • $125 
    • 100 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $100 
    • 100 mos
  • aracely 
    • $10 
    • 100 mos
  • Elsa Santellan 
    • $25 
    • 100 mos
See all


Geovanna Fernandez 
Paramount, CA
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more