Yesterday morning, sometime between 6:30 and 8AM a heating coil in our main heat unit burst. It was connected to the main hot water pipes to the entire building, and exploded with scalding hot water and steam. Steam and hot water burst through the ceilings and permeated the entire practice.
While the damage to the practice is devastating, the real horror is that some of our beloved patients did not survive. Words cannot express how devestated the owners are, and how terrible the entire staff feels for them.
Not only did we lose precious lives, but now with the overwhelming water damage, we are unable to see appointments here. More animals that we cannot help.
We are waiting to hear what kind of assistance the insurance company will provide, but we need help. We are tyring to keep paying our employees, replace medical equipment that has been destroyed, and reestablish computer/software/telephone systems that are ruined.
Please help us get back on our feet so we can continue to provide vital services to our community, and all the exotic companion animals we love so much.