"A child is what you put into him. ~Nigerian Proverb"
With that knowledge I am putting endless possibilities into my child with the help of family, friends, and folks in our community who want more for our children.
As many of you know, Ava has been studying Mandarin for the past 4 years. She is now entering 5th grade and has an amazing opportunity to travel to China in May of 2013 with her school. We are both extremely excited about this opportunity to not only step outside the typical travels of most westerners, but to also be able to experience firsthand a culture that she has been studying for the past 4 years.
The trip's itinerary is as follows:
· Round-trip airfare routing from DC - Beijing - Shanghai - DC Fuel Surcharges
· Domestic airfare routing from Beijing - Xi'an - Shanghai Fuel Surcharges
· 6 airport transfers and 13 days of chartered motor coach services
· 11 train excursions to Hangzhou
· 11 hotel overnight accommodations with breakfast
· 3 family stay nights
· 13 arranged lunches, 2 arranged dinners
· Entrance fees for all excursions listed on the itinerary
· $100 per person meal allowance
· $70 per person tip allowance
Of course any trip like this does not come without significant costs. The total cost for each of us to travel is $3600. That is why we are reaching out to you for your support. Any financial contribution towards Ava's travel expenses will be a tremendous help and greatly appreciated!!!
We all know it takes a village to raise a child:..so we are reaching out to our virtual extended village!
Please feel free to email me personally if you have any questions or concerns about the trip:
Isoke Baptiste: [email redacted]
or send payment to PayPal using the above email.
Thanks again for all the help and support!!!!
- erica dottin
- Renee LaGoff
- Jimmie McMillian
- Cathia Moise
- Curtis & Tracy Miller
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more