AnnaRae Vs. Blounts Disease

Hey everyone! My name is Heather. I have a superstar daughter, AnnaRae. She was recently diagnosed with Blount's Disease, a rare growth disorder that's causing her shin bones to grow at a curve. We've been totally positive about all of this, realizing that it's just something we need to deal with. We're keeping our chins up for AnnaRaes sake.




(This is AnnaRaes Xray from July 3rd. You can see the top of her tibia is curving by her knee)





You can see how the curve affects her walk here.




Following the diagnosis, AnnaRaes orthopedist told us that she would need bilateral KAFO leg braces. These braces will guide her legs to grow the correct way. As anxious as we are to get the braces on her, our health insurance only covers 80% of these pricey braces, leaving us responsible for 20% of the costs. Before even paying their portion, the insurance company is requiring that we pay a large deductible. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful that 80% is being covered, that's a huge help. Unfortunately, the amount that AnnaRaes dad and I are responsible for isn't exactly an amount of money that we have lying around somewhere. We are young parents in our early twenties, just trying to live a simple life, and a simple life we lived until AnnaRae was diagnosed. We will continue to enjoy each day to the fullest, but we are asking for a little help from friends and family. Every penny counts, and your donations won't be soon forgotten.


I also started a blog to keep track of all of AnnaRaes progress. I plan to update with pictures, and fill everyone in on doctors appointments and progress that she's making.
View our Blog Here!



Thank you so much everyone! I really can't thank you enough for any sort of support you're providing for us, whether it's financial support or moral support. We love you!


-AnnaRae, Heather, & Frank.









  • Linda & Robert Bilek  
    • $50 
    • 96 mos
  • Jessica Beattie 
    • $10 
    • 96 mos
  • ashley hugues 
    • $10 
    • 96 mos
  • Melissa Kosmaczewski  
    • $5 
    • 96 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 96 mos
See all

Organizer

Heather Miller 
Organizer
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more