Donahue Family Home Fire

Hello friends and loved ones,

As many of you know, my Donahue family (Joe, Lee, Lauren and Nana) survived a devastating house fire this past June.

Though much was lost and the house had to be torn down, my displaced family bravely faced the future, determined to forge ahead and build a new home.

Joe, my father-in-law who works in construction, wanted to build the house himself so just a few months ago, with the help of some really hardworking friends and family members, he began to do just that.

Joe had made incredible progress and was almost finished shingling the roof when incomprehensively, this past Thursday evening, tragedy struck again when a fire broke out inside the two-storey garage that housed Joe's workshop and tools, as well as an apartment on the second floor.

The fire department arrived within minutes of being called and after much effort and several acts of bravery were able to put out the fire and save the new house - which was now attached to the garage.

Thankfully everyone is safe - that is by far the most important thing "“ however, the damage done by this fire is far worse than the first and I would like to ask for your help in putting together a fund to help my family recover some of what was lost.

Many of the items that were saved from the first fire were being stored in the garage apartment and so now they have lost mattresses, furniture, clothing, toiletries, mementos, you name it "“ all of the every day items that we tend to take for granted.

Most devastating of all, Joe has lost the entirety of his workshop which he relies upon for his livelihood: thousands of dollars-worth of heavy-duty carpentry and woodworking tools that have taken years to accumulate:a lathe, planer, drill press, etc. - many of which he was using to build the new house, not to mention countless smaller tools and other supplies.

Some other large items lost include a generator, an air compressor, and a brand new oven meant for the new house. Everything is burned and melted beyond saving "“ it is an incredibly sad sight to see.

I am beyond grateful that everyone is safe and shudder at the thought of what might have happened had Joe not been home when the fire began, or had the fire department not come as quickly as they did. I still cannot wrap my head around the fact that this has happened twice in less than a year.

So it is with a hopeful heart that I ask you to donate anything you can to this fund to help my resilient family get back on their feet for good and leave this unjust and difficult period behind them. No amount is too small. For those of you who don't know them well, let me just say that they are generous, humble, self-reliant people who give so much of themselves and who will likely have trouble accepting your generosity because they don't think they deserve it, but trust me, they do "“ I will certainly vouch for them!

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for your kindness and generosity. It means so much.

Stefa Donahue

Here is a link to a short article about the fire:
  • Chandra Guthro 
    • $50 
    • 84 mos
  • Kelsey Wedge  
    • $50 
    • 84 mos
  • David White 
    • $1,000 
    • 84 mos
  • Greg P 
    • $50 
    • 84 mos
  • Anonymous  
    • $25 
    • 84 mos
See all


Stefa Donahue 
Easton, MA
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more