In October, we discovered that we were on our journey together again. First to find out, I was initially devastated to learn that I was suffering from stage 3 pancreatic cancer, and was facing months of treatment. But the hardest blow was being told that Mum had terminal, stage 4 womb cancer. It had been repeatedly missed by specialists, and we were given less than a year with her at most.
Being disabled, neither of us had the financial means to fight this, and we were left with a level of care that was very lacking, and from those same doctors and underfunded units that had let her condition go unspotted for too long before. We were distraught.
But then, we asked the Universe for help.
We had never asked for anything in our lives before, but family, friends and strangers started to make donations for all the things we needed to make her journey longer and more comfortable. The messages on here, and on social media, were a huge source of comfort.
Heartbreakingly, Mum passed on 1st November, just three weeks after being given her terminal diagnosis.
I felt cheated. I felt like giving up. But Mum made me promise I would continue fighting for her.
In those last weeks, thanks to the kindness of many, many people on GoFundMe, we made Mum's journey much more comfortable. We read out your messages to her, and it gave her strength. As short as it was, I believe that extra support gifted us a little more time with her.
Mum continues to be my little ray of light, love. I promised her that I will continue my battle.
With your help, I can live to beat this cancer, and take her name forward.
What money will be used for:
- transport costs to help me support my brother, who is also disabled and now living alone since Mum's passing
- CBD oil to help with pain management (as well as other potential cancer-busting benefits, as there is a lot of research happening around this compound currently)
- medical grade Manuka honey, for which there is a good evidence of benefits to the immune system and other aspects of complementary cancer treatment
- regular and specialist physiotherapy and acupuncture
- nutritional support such as fortified food supplements, as my diet is heavily restricted due to the pancreatic disturbance (and there is no NHS provision for special dietary support)
- providing regular counselling, as once every three weeks on the NHS simply isn't enough
- enabling me to stop trying to be pulled in a million different directions and worrying about everything in basic life and survival
Please help me beat cancer, in Mum's name and memory. Help me live, so that I can keep telling the world about my beautiful mother for years and years to come.
DonationsSee top donations
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more