Burned Out Home

42645510_1570807769237025_r.jpegI HAVE LOST MY HOME TO A FIRE-TOTAL LOSS
Yesterday, while at the Dr.s office, I got a phone call that my home was on fire. When I got back home, there were 7 firetrucks and many, many firefighters cleaning up the mess. As I am an amputee I was told to wait to assess the damages. What I could see after darkness was that I had lost everything. Pictures do not show the devastating reality that my life's history and belonging are all lost and gone. The flames, I was told, were shooting 30 feet into the air when they arrived

Apparently, the fire inspector believes it was caused by electrical igniting somehow in the back bedroom. I have lived here for over 40 years with my son, who is also my caretaker, as I am wheelchair bound. No insurance,  because as a disabled retiree on limited income, it was deemed an unnecessary expense, in order to be able to get medical necessities. 

I am asking for your help in order to get electrical and clean up costs done asap. These immediate expenses are being paid for out of my own pocket, and will work toward getting my home rebuilt. It is money I do not have as I only get paid once a month. If you can see it in your capability to help, I would forever be indebted to your kindness, and you. Please help me if you can. And God Bless you for reading this.

I just don't know where to turn right now.

Donations (0)

  • Larry Overbee 
    • $100 
    • 1 mo
  • Bill VALENTINO  
    • $50 
    • 1 mo
  • Lakin Lane 
    • $5 
    • 1 mo
  • Lakin Lane 
    • $17 
    • 1 mo
  • Matthew Parker 
    • $85 
    • 1 mo
See all

Organizer

Rick Overbee 
Organizer
Geneva, FL
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more