Saving Charlie

This sweet girl was found at the door of the Dayton Community Center. Some very loving locals tried to feed her and Laura (last name?) took her home lastnight. A fellow Daytonite Helen Houston and I met her at Docs Vet this morning to assume financial responsibility for her care. Her temp was only 93; her heartbeat 60. Dr. tested her for parvo and it's negative, which is good news because we all decided that if it was positive she was too ill to fight it. She was too dehydrated for a regular IV so Dr. put in some kind of bone marrow IV to get fluids in her. The next few hours are critical for her and if she survives those her prognosis will improve. If you would like to help pay for Charlie's recovery, please donate here Please message me on Facebook if you have any questions. I'll post updates on miss Charlie's progress. Thanks all!


Update 3 PM Friday: Since folks are having a hard time finding Charlie's page, here's an update: we just met with the vet. Her white blood count is critically low. Prognosis remains poor to grave. Her new momma is transferring her up to the animal hospital in Reno, where they will keep Charlie overnight. They'll do more bloodwork in the morning and a decision will need to be made then, since the doggy hospital charges $500-$700 a night. Thank you so so much for your contributions so far. The DOCS clinic is amazed with Dayton's support for this little pup. We are still in need of donations for her care.

Update: 1 PM Friday: Helen Houston (Charlie's new momma) and I stopped by the vet at 11:30 to see our girl. While we were unable to see her then, we were told that she's responding we'll to IV fluids and she even sat up! Very amazing since she was so close to death a few hours before. The dr gets out of surgery soon and we will be able to talk to him about her chances.

Update: 9 AM Friday: Poor babe. She's been named Charlie. Docs are trying to get an IV in her now. Docs has been great, but they will only take payment in person and only today. Tonight they will charge my credit card. Estimate right now is $340. Anything anyone can do to help would be great. We have some leads on a home for her if she survives. After today if you want to donate to her recovery please do so at this page.




  • Dorrine Sadilek 
    • $25 
    • 95 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $25 
    • 95 mos
  • Kristi Godard 
    • $25 
    • 95 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $25 
    • 95 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $100 
    • 95 mos
See all

Organizer

Stacy Masters 
Organizer
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more