For those who don't know me, my name is Daniel Madrigal and I'm currently in 8th grade at Saint Anthony High School with a 3.7 GPA. The reason for this Fundraiser is that I have been accepted to study in Denmark next year and I'm looking for sponsors to help me make my dream come true. I want to learn about different cultures and teach about mine through an AFS exchange program. The program is one year long. This means that I'll study at a local high school, and live with a host family.
There are several reasons for this trip:
- With this trip I want to expand my cultural knowledge by learning about and living in a different culture. I also want to teach other people about my culture, because I'm enriching another person's cultural knowledge too. This is important because people with higher cultural knowledge can communicate and relate more to other people, and if you get to thinking, many of the problems in the world are just huge misunderstandings.
- This would make me open my eyes and discover the world out there.
- I'll practice being a more independent teenager, and therefore preparing me for my future.
- I'll leave the comfort zone I have at home. This would help me grow up.
- You don't have to be a retired old man to start traveling around the world, in fact the younger the better... You have more energy, no back pain, etc.
- This experience would be a door opener experience.
- It would help me get in a good college, as it highlights the CV and student resume.
- The experience would be super-awesome, just because traveling is awesome.
- I believe that there has to be a motivation in the learning process for it to be successful. As a student I know that sometimes this motivation is brought down by many factors, so I think that this experience would be a positive motivator in my life.
- Last but not least, I believe that this experience would help me learn about myself.
- (I could go on with more reasons, but I'll stop.)
You are maybe wondering: Why now? Aren't you rushing things?
Well, turns out I'm in the ideal age and academic year. At my school, it is prohibited to leave in 10th grade and then return in 11th. My teachers say that 10th grade is the most important year in order to have a successful 11th grade with good grades, because 9th grade is just a big summary of everything we have learned, while 10th grade is a whole lot of new matter for a single year. Then, with this program it is prohibited to graduate while studying abroad. And after that, comes University (which is a different story). To summarize, the ideal high school time is now.
-I want you to know that if less than 60% of the fundraiser is raised, then I'll refund every single donation to your bank account!
- If the fundraiser dosen't raise the 100%, as long as there is 60% or more, my parents will put the rest.
-The processing between this website and the BNCR means an average loss of an 8%.
-You can donate the amount you want to, not olny 50, 100, 250, and 500 $.
DonationsSee top donations
- Raffle #2
- Computer Services
- Maria Artavia
- Allan Werthan
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more