How to help Ukraine on GoFundMe
As the world watches the situation in Ukraine unfold, GoFundMe is committed to helping people help those in need.
To protect our community, we are taking proactive measures regarding crisis related fundraisers:
- Our Trust & Safety team reviews each fundraiser to ensure it’s compliant with all international laws before the fundraiser can start collecting donations.
- We may have to place some fundraisers under review that were created prior to the situation unfolding, as of early Thursday morning.
- If we need additional information to confirm whether we are able to support a fundraiser, we will reach out to the organiser to aid in our review.
- Please note that specific circumstances and additional facts collected may require us to investigate further or remove the fundraiser. This is not a policy specific to GoFundMe—it is based on laws, global financial regulations, and evolving economic sanctions that we must abide by to protect our community.
As the situation develops and new information is released by governments and federal agencies, our fundraising guidance is expected to change. This is the best place to stay up to date on the latest guidance from GoFundMe.
How to help: the fastest, safest and most helpful way to help those in need is through charities working in Ukraine.
- Donate to a verified fundraiser that supports relief efforts. Our Trust & Safety team has verified the fundraisers on the centralised hub and will continue to add verified fundraisers to it as more become available.
- Start a certified charity fundraiser for a verified organization providing critical support to those affected.
Fundraising is not allowed for the following at this time:
- Any war effort support, regardless of the country, which can include funding weapons, any supplies to soldiers, and propaganda
- Travel to the location to support military or propaganda efforts
- Any fundraisers in violation of our Terms of Service
We’re constantly inspired by the kindness of our community. Together, we can support those impacted by the crisis in Ukraine.