Drumming For Success
Help Dr. Arvin Scott Inspire Kids To Dream Big & Believe In Possibilities!
Drumming For Success created by Dr. Arvin Scott in 1997 is a motivational, hands-on, percussive music youth program that fosters academic achievement, positive
self-esteem, self-confidence, creativity, teamwork and more. DFS inspires children
& teens to dream big, set goals, strive for excellence, & believe in possibilities!
Now that I am retired from my 27-Yr, full-time faculty position at UGA, I have more time & energy available to up-grade Drumming For Success to the next level in four exciting ways:
1. I will schedule a 5-month DFS tour of 20 locations to engage, motivate, & inspire kids in school-wide assemblies, individual classroom-sessions, libraries, and community centers.
2. I will provide exciting opportunities for kids to explore the virtually unlimited creative potential of music technology. This will include high-tech, professional-level, digital-electronic drum kits, electronic, hand percussion instruments and sound reinforcement & mixing equipment. The addition of music technology--the wave of today & the future--will certainly be a “big hit” with kids!
3. I will also upgrade DFS with the addition of a complete acoustic drum kit. This exciting instrument has virtually unsurpassed appeal to children & teens. Traditional acoustic hand drums & percussion will continue to be provided for individual & guided group-drumming sessions.
4. I will hire an assistant for equipment loading, unloading, setting up, & packing up equipment, sound checks & monitoring.
Campaign funds will allow Drumming For Success to become a free-of-charge, pre-paid, program for all students in schools, institutions, & organizations during a 5-month tour of 20 locations.
Special consideration will be given to under-served schools, institutions, & organizations in communities with under-served populations. This will provide a level playing field with equal access for schools, institutions, & organizations with budget challenges.
Benefits of Drumming For Kids
Numerous studies by researchers & practitioners in the medical, neuro, behavioral sciences, & education fields reveal qualitative benefits of drumming for children and adults. Selected benefits include improved scores, heightened ability to focus & concentrate, improved self-esteem, stronger skills in math & science, improved self confidence, expanded creativity, heightened brain functioning, improved problem solving skills in academic & social settings, reduced stress, and other qualities required for well-being & success in life,
About Dr. Arvin Scott
· Nominated for the University of Georgia’s Franklin College Excellence in Teaching
· Ph. D In Music, Masters in Education,
· Retiree UGA Percussion Faculty, 27 yrs
· Former Berklee College of Music Percussion Faculty & Graduate
· Invited Performer, World Olympic Opening Ceremonies, 1996 & 2004
· Guest Performances with Widespread Panic
· Featured on CNN’s HLN for Drumming For Success
· Album of the Year for Self-Produced “Spirit of the Drum”
· A Total Optimist and Believer in Big Dreams & Possibilities!
All Donations Will Help Dr. Arvin Scott Inspire Kids To Dream Big &
Believe In Possibilities!
Please share my GFM campaign on your social media (FB, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc)
For more information, please visit my website at: