Thelma Edwards-- bail money

$2,825 of $2,105 goal

Raised by 60 people in 24 months
Thelma has been released on bail and is trying to come up with the $870 she needs to get her car out of the impound lot.  It is unclear when she will receive the bail money but with daily storage fees, she may not even have enough bail money by the time she can pay the fee to get her car back.
+ Read More
Update 24
24 months ago
Thank you to everyone who has donated to help Thelma! She will be able to get her car out of impound tomorrow. She greatly appreciates all of your help and generosity.
+ Read More
Update 23
24 months ago
Thelma needs help getting her car out of impound. They are willing to stop adding fees until Monday if she can pay the 1020 by then. She is short by $200. Please consider helping her as she won't have access to the bail money until the end of August. She starts a new job on August 12th and needs your help! With the bail money she will be able to relocate close to her new job. Thank you all for your support of this young lady and all she is trying to do :)
+ Read More
Update 22
24 months ago
False accusations about my character will be removed. Please keep your comments positive and relevant to the issue.
+ Read More
Update 21
24 months ago
Just an update on the donations-I just found out why the fees taken out were so high--gofundme takes out 5% and WePay (it's like Paypal--gofundme send the money there first and they send it to the individual) charges 2.9% plus 30 cents per deposit. So it's a total of 7.9% plus 30 cents per deposit. The way it was written in the setup information it appeared that it was only 5% and that covered the 2.9% for WePay as well. So out of 2510.00 Thelma will receive 2295.00 after fees. I appreciate the service gofundme offers, but I find the fees are a little excessive. I want to be clear to all the donors where the money went and how much of it there is after the fees. Transparency is my priority especially since there are those that have accused me of using this campaign to make money for myself. I did not nor will I get a cent of anything raised here. Thanks again to all the donors Thelma appreciates and needs the help! You are all angels!
+ Read More
Read a Previous Update
Help spread the word!
 235 total shares

$2,825 of $2,105 goal

Raised by 60 people in 24 months
Created July 18, 2014
IS
$50
Irwin Solomon
24 months ago
$100
Anonymous
24 months ago
$25
Anonymous
24 months ago
$30
Sheree Bodary
24 months ago

I hope this works out for you.

+ Read More
$10
Anonymous
24 months ago
$100
Joyce H Lindley
24 months ago

Can we all now see why some people get so mired in debt?? How in the world is the car costing so much money? This is an outrage on top of her being in jail in the first place. This is akin to payday loans, extremely high loan interest rates, and scams on auto loans now being foisted on low income people. (See NYTimes, Sunday) . Hopefully a few of us can make some difference.

+ Read More
A
$250
Anonymous
24 months ago
$5
Anonymous
24 months ago
$10
Anonymous
24 months ago
$50
Joyce H Lindley
24 months ago

I think this young woman needs further help to get her car fixed and insured. How can she be expected to work w/ no transportation. Hopefully she'll get her life back on track and pass on the good will we've shared .

+ Read More
  Use My Facebook Account
or
Or, use your email…
Use My Email Address
By continuing, you agree with the GoFundMe
terms and privacy policy
https://gofundme.com/brcf2g
or
 Send a Text Message
There's an issue with this Campaign Organizer's account. Our team has contacted them with the solution! Please ask them to sign in to GoFundMe and check their account. Return to Campaign

Are you ready for the next step?
Even a $5 donation can help!
Donate Now
 Share on Facebook