Any donations would make a difference for this family, the donations will help the family pay for the fuel to drive from Perth ON - Ottawa ON, Meals, parking, hotel stays weather permitting as well as any unexpected costs.
The donations you make will be forever appreciated by not just this family but forever appreciated by a close friend of Adrianna, wanting her and her family to get through this rough time, hoping her bestfriend and second family will get the life that they deserve.
Adrianna's CBC interview
"Arlene Foster, March 11th 2017, Facebook"
"I have been putting this off for a while but I feel the need to let everyone know what's been happening. I can't paint a pretty picture anymore. Miss Adrianna has been fighting an up hill battle this past week. She is in the Ottawa Heart Institute lying sedated in a bed in the ICU. She is in heart failure and we don't know how that happened. She is very sick right now. She had to have an emergency surgery to rest her failing heart. She is heavily sedated and on several medical supports along with an impella in her heart to buy us some time. Tonight we are informed that if things don't change within 24 to 48 hours there is a very good possibility that she will be listed for another transplant. We don't have a lot of time as she is very sick. She is a very strong and amazing young lady as we all. When the doctors explained to us what was going on and the concerns and after they left the room. Adrianna slightly opened her eyes. We asked her if she heard it and she nodded yes then we asked is this what you want another transplant and she nodded yes. So we know she's not ready to give up. She also thanked the nurse for washing her face as she always does but only by lip monitions as she can't speak. So she has made this decision to have another chance at life. She is one unbelievably amazing girl and once again I'm always proud of her. We won the Heart lottery once and now we are hoping to win again. She deserves more of what life has to offer. " "Arlene Foster, March 11th 2017" (Adriannas mother)
"Adrianna's story, August 15th 2015, Facebook"
"I was born on January 14 1998,
30 hours after birth I turned blue and couldn't breath ). The doctors sent me to CHEO from Smith Falls Hospital. At 2 days old I had my 1st surgery, at CHEO. Through an incision under my right arm a shunt was put in. It was then we found out that I was born with whats called Pulmonary Artesia with intact Septum, Coronary Stenosis, Hypo-plastic right Ventricle and when the ductus closed after birth it pinched off the flow to the left pulmonary artery. At 11 days old I had my 2nd surgery at CHEO, to surgically remove the ductus and put a patch on my left Pulmonary Artery. Then at 3 weeks old I had my 3rd heart surgery. I was sent to HSC ( Sick Kids in Toronto, Hospital for Sick Children) In critical condition, by plane with ICU staff from CHEO. This surgery was because the shunt they put in at 2 days old was to big. HSC surgeons sutured down the side of the shunt by 1mm so it wouldn't put to much pressure on my ailing heart. When I was in Toronto, I also got a blood clot in my leg because of a procedure, and had to then have heparin injection, through an infsuflon patch twice a day for 3 months. I was the youngest at the time to use unsuflon patches. I was in a study for the drug called Cliveran, a type of heparin. At 3 months old I got to come home for the 1st time. At 8 months old I had my 4th Heart surgery in Toronto at Sick kids. Called the Bi -directional Glen. this surgery was done to try and correct some of my heart defects. This surgery didn't go so well…. my heart wouldn't start up off the heart lung machine, and I had a heart attack. Finally after another try my heart started pumping again but it wasn't great. I was then listed for a Heart Transplant, and life support ran beside my bed for a few days in the ICU. I had to be rehabilitated after this surgery I lost a lot of muscle tone, and I couldn't sit up without support and my feet drooped down as well. It was then the doctors took me off the transplant list, because I was slowly improving but I had a very weak heart. I was able to come home from this surgery after 5 weeks. At 10 months old, on Halloween of 1998, the Heart Transplant team at Toronto Sick Kids listed me for transplant, because I wasn't improving. I got my 1st call for a heart 2 weeks later my mom, dad and me headed to Toronto via privet jet out of Smith falls airport. We got part way there and then the transplant team called to say the new heart was loosing function, so we had to come home. We got our 2nd call for a heart the following February, 4 months later. We were to head to Toronto by car because it was to foggy to fly. We left for Toronto at 11pm, and the roads weren't good. We got as far as Oshawa and the Transplant team called to say that the new heart was loosing function again. We got back home at 7am the next morning. There was lots of mixed emotions for my family, because they knew that someone who we didn't know, lost their child who was around the same age as me. I stayed on the transplant list and my heart was slowly failing
( heart failure). I waited another year and a half before we got the real call for my heart. On August 15th, 2000 we were able to fly from Perth Hospital by helicopter. I had my transplant that day. The surgery was an all day surgery, and when it was finished my new heart was having a hard time keeping up with the demands from my weak body. My old heart took up 60% of my chest cavity and crowded my left lung which caused some problems, because I was in heart failure for 2 and a half years. The meds I was on dilated the blood vessels around my heart to make it easier for my old heart to pump. When I got this new heart it couldn't keep up, and I had to go back on life support and I was listed for another heart, a bridge heart. I lost most of my muscle tone again, and I had to have dialysis. My hair was falling out and my skin was breaking down in places like behind my ear. After a few days the doctors tried to again to remove life support and slowly, slowly my heart rested long enough to start up, with support to keep up with the demands that my body required. The heart function wasn't great but good enough so the doctors took me off of the transplant list. Slowly and surely with lots of TLC, and therapy I recovered! I came home after 2 months from my transplant. Over the course of 4 years I had several trips to Toronto for check ups, Biopsies, and Angiograms to make sure I wouldn't reject my heart. I take anti-rejection drugs everyday. After I turned 18 I now go to the Ottawa Heart Institute and for my lung specialist I go the Ottawa General. ""
First time outside in a month! She has been in the hospital
(Arlene Foster, April 12th, Facebook)
The team of doctors had their meeting this morning and only 2 of them came back with the results. It looks like we are praying for another miracle to happen to this beautiful angel. They have decided that by or on the weekend they will be listing Adrianna for another transplant. She will be listed top priority for now as her heart needs support drugs to function and she has to stay in the hospital for the wait. Right now she has to remain in the ICU because of the type of Meds she needs to allow her heart to pump properly. This is a very tough day for Adrianna she is finding this really hard today and it's scary for her as well. Even though we knew this might be what she needs it's a little hard for her to accept the fact that this heart most likely won't allow her to live outside this hospital. It's a tough day for us all as this is most likely going to be a long tough wait for a new heart. She's so tiny and her blood type group along with these antibodies it's going to be a long wait. Hope this heart can wait till they find a new one. A grey day for some grey news. She had an MRI this morning and the right heart cath will be done tomorrow morning early. The Docs need these test results before listing her. We need extra special prayers to help keep Adrianna strong and healthy for this next step. She needs all of us. Thanks everyone for everything.
"Arlene foster, march 27th, Facebook"
Adrianna hasn't been well for 3 days now. She had a transfusion of blood and her hemoglobin is 74 now so that's better She isn't better though. Today they done another Echo and her heart is really stressed. The right side now is moderate to severe damage and the left side is functioning properly but a bit stressed. She is on another heart support drug to help this ailing heart pump. So that's 2 heart support IV drugs on board again. Her kidneys are stressed because she has about 4 kgs of fluid on board again which isn't helping anything. So her heart is failing right now. They are trying to keep her stable till they come up with a plan. We don't know what or where this is going yet. I am extremely worried. Life has took turned upside down on us again. ❤❤❤
(Arlene foster, march 26th, Facebook) ""More bumps in the road. Adrianna has been feeling really nauseated and no energy,sleeping a lot over the last few days. Last night her tummy was distended and her heart rate went up a bit. Her blood pressure is all over the place but mostly low. I voiced my concerns last night about how I was concerned that this might be stressing out her heart. Her blood count is low and the doc.s kept saying that it's because her blood count is low and these are the signs. Today I noticed her ankles were swelling a bit so I voiced my concern again about wondering how this is affecting her heart. The transplant/heart failure doctor was in and she has decided that they do need to treat the heart failure more right now then her recovery process. I could hardly sleep last night because I was worrying about what might be happening. I just want her to get better❤. Her hemoglobin is at 64 and they were going to leave transfusing her till the dropped to 60 but things have changed. Blood transfusions have these lovely antibodies that we don't want for Miss Adrianna so they are going to put the blood through a process where they kill the DNA along with other things that may cause her problems. It's called blood radiation therapy. So today she will get a transfusion of this blood and they put her back up on her IV heart support (milrinone). Along with more lasix to get rid of the access fluid her poor kidneys can't get rid of because of her weak heart. Just a wee set back.hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Nothing is meant to be easy for this young lady. ❤❤❤""
Please let Adrianna know we are all praying and sending our love ❤hugs and kisses To her. Tell her to stay strong. She did it once she can do it again. Please tell her to remember how she was being bullied once at school and I told her to not take it. Well she sure as hell didn't. Stay strong young girl. ❤ nice to see you got outside.